Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey people...quick question on behalf of a friend since he doesn't have TSR...(the *******)

the idiot was caught shoplifting from TK Maxx(apparantly something small...). He admitted it and was banned from entering TK Maxx in future.Will this reflect on his CRB check or as a criminal offense?No police was involved. He was simply told he was banned and that a report *may* go to police..and would be contacted, however he never was...he wants to apply for med obviously....

should he tick the little box that talks about convictions etc. or not?

I say he should, but if he does and nothing comes up, they will ask why he did tick, but if he doesn't and it does...well, lying isn't exactly the greatest way to endear yourself

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he should do it, if just solely from a moral perspective. And unless he seriously changes his tune and who he is, I think he should seriously consider what he's entering himself into. Who wants a shoplifter for a doctor? It hardly brings to mind trust and many of the other qualities a doctor needs. Maybe I'm being too judgmental - I don't know the guy - but it seems a bit dodgy IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    hey people...quick question on behalf of a friend since he doesn't have TSR...(the *******)

the idiot was caught shoplifting from TK Maxx(apparantly something small...). He admitted it and was banned from entering TK Maxx in future.Will this reflect on his CRB check or as a criminal offense?No police was involved. He was simply told he was banned and that a report *may* go to police..and would be contacted, however he never was...he wants to apply for med obviously....

If he cannot afford something from TX Maxx then how is he going to afford Medical school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    Yes, he should do it, if just solely from a moral perspective. And unless he seriously changes his tune and who he is, I think he should seriously consider what he's entering himself into. Who wants a shoplifter for a doctor? It hardly brings to mind trust and many of the other qualities a doctor needs. Maybe I'm being too judgmental - I don't know the guy - but it seems a bit dodgy IMO.
    Jesus christ, you should write for the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .:Doctor:.)
    If he cannot afford something from TX Maxx then how is he going to afford Medical school...
    l0l0l0l0l0l so true, but student loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)

Foreman in House MD stole a car when he was 16, and now he's a great doctor! :awesome:

Your 'friend' should declare it as otherwise he will look deceitful. People do get on medical degrees even with minor discretions (and occasionally with larger ones) - the medical school just wants to know what happened and why, what you learnt, and how you will ensure it doesn't happen again... they like that reflective stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Of course he shouldn't. They will never find that out.

ReputationRep:
    i'd find out from the police if there is a real conviction first. if not then dont bother mentioning it.

he stole once, btw, he isnt bleeding harold shipman, is he?

(Original post by Ivan91)
    Foreman in House MD stole a car when he was 16, and now he's a great doctor! :awesome:

aye, hes a really good doctor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    If only princess Diana was here!

ReputationRep:
    They will never find out, so he shouldn't say anything. From a legal perspective, it is not declarable, as no formal charges were brought, and no cautions or warnings were given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Could you please explain how my post is akin to a Daily Mail article, especially considering the fact that I am left wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivan91)
    Foreman suffers from a horrific terminal illness: Fictitious.

ReputationRep:
    Foreman is real!!!!!!!

ive stolen loads of things from unis and previous jobs. taking from large companies doesnt mean you are gonna steal from grannie Weatherwax or someone less fortunate.

ReputationRep:
    dont tick it. to put it on record they would have to have proven that you gave your correct name and if there was no cops there to check that on a database, nothing has been done about it.

(Original post by Clens)
    They will never find out, so he shouldn't say anything. From a legal perspective, it is not declarable, as no formal charges were brought, and no cautions or warnings were given
    Enhanced CRB checks allow the police to mention anything that they are aware of that they consider relevant to the job applied for even if no caution or warning was given / no charges were laid. It's certainly possible that this event was not recorded, however if it was the applicant will find that they will have to explain both the original event and the declaration they made.

ReputationRep:
    so should I just tell him to ask the police if there is anything on file under his name....

can you even ask that?

ReputationRep:
    Officially it isn't on record as far as your friend knows, hence he shouldn't put it on.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, because you admitted it, i dont think tkmaxx will bother reporting it to the police if it was something small. Plus did anyone take your name and address or any other details?? If not then it's all good. Personally I wouldn't bother ticking the box.

ReputationRep:
    Christ, does he have a criminal conviction? No. Should he tick the 'do you have a criminal conviction box'? No, of course he ******* shouldn't.

I do hope your friend doesn't rely too highly upon your frankly impaired and asinine judgment.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.