Haven't spoken to my friend in 2 months! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
It's not because we have fallen out or anything, I don't know why it is really. We used to be really close up until we left secondary school, but as soon as I started 6th form and she started full time work we hardly saw each other. Basically she got a boyfriend who she spent 24/7 with and I was busy working for my A Levels. We still had time though to see each other to maintain our friendship.

From October last year to January this year we got really close again and were seeing each other quite often. But when it got to February she didn't come out for my birthday or come and see me or anything when I had made a huge effort for her 18th (I know that sounds rather childish) and I kind of just felt like stuff you then. I didn't text her for ages, but she phoned me a few times to see me and I just said I was busy or whatever. We saw each other a few times in April/May but since then I haven't seen or spoken to her at all.

I have my own friends from 6th form now, and she mainly hangs round with her boyfriend and all his friends who I don't fit in with at all. Which is why I feel I can't hang around with her anymore because her friends (who used to be my friends) just seem to take the mick out of me all the time and I just couldn't be bothered with them!

I feel like I've lost a friend. I want to be friends with her again especially as I am going to uni in 6 weeks, I'd like her to come and visit me and have someone to see when I'm home in the holidays.
I don't know if I should just text her saying 'Hi haven't seen you in ages you wanna do something?' but whenever we were friends and I asked her if she wanted to do something like go to town or cinema the answer was always no because she only wants to sit in her boyfriends house with his mates.

Sorry if this sounds really pathetic, I just want some advice on whether I should make the effort to be friends with her again or not. (Not that we have had a row or anything, just drifted apart).

Thanks
EssRidge
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's up to you, but drifting apart is one of those things that just happens at your age. I wouldn't worry about it. It's unlikely that you did anything wrong.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
The sad part of Life .....Loosing friends not because youve grown apart but your other friend no longer seems interested
been there it hurts not much you can do about it
Anonymous #3
Report 8 years ago
I haven't spoken to or seen my best friend for a year Different 6th forms and each of us having heavy work loads, and me having great dislike for their new friend - who changed them considerably for the worse.

Sucks.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I haven't spoken to or seen my best friend for a year Different 6th forms and each of us having heavy work loads, and me having great dislike for their new friend - who changed them considerably for the worse.

Sucks.
Same here, we first started drifting apart because when we were 16 she started going to this 23 year old womans house and she was taking drugs and all sorts. I remember on new years eve once I was at a party in my friends house, and all of them had taken speed except for me and one other person. They're just not the kind of people I want to hang around with, which I think is another reason because she's always with them and I don't wanna be anywhere near them tbh.

Our friendship got so boring though, we would sit in each others houses watching TV because we just had nothing in common to talk about!

We were close at one point because she went through getting pregnant and having an abortion and she needed my support and I wanted to give it to her.

I hated the fact that I made lots of effort but she never made any, I mean I know this sounds a little sad but I spent over £30 on her 18th birthday present and went to see her, and she didn't even get me a card or come and see me on my birthday!

I do miss her though, or who she used to be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads