Help i really want this job Watch

lara_ox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
i got work experience at this salon i went for the first day but on the second day my mum said take this week off and start the work experience the next week because she really needed my help. the next week i found out that the manager was looking for people to work at the salon so i told her i didnt want to do the work experience instead i was looking for a job. She told she would have given me a job after seeing how i worked the first week but now the positions have been taken but if any positions do come up she will call me. I had a feeling the positions were still available and texted her from another number asking her if she had jobs to which she replied she had. How should i go about asking for a job now because i cant say it was me that texted her?
lara_ox
Rep:
?
Lilrascal19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just ask her if any new positions have come up yet?
How are you suppose to get heard, if you don't speak up.
JCM89
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
You can say it was you that texted her; situations change - perhaps someone she had given a job too dropped out and she now has a vacancy and forgot to call you / lost your number. Don't over complicate a simple situation; just call her.
lara_ox
Rep:
?
i knw she was lying because i was texting her before and after i asked her for a job
kilowattjester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Give up and look for another place?
DontWantYourBloodMoney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just ask her point blank if she has any jobs going, if she says no then it's pretty much tough luck.
JustSmile
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Perhaps she's a bit wary because you had to call your first week of work experience off? She might think you're unreliable. Do the work experience and prove her wrong, then ask again about a job.
lara_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustSmile)
Perhaps she's a bit wary because you had to call your first week of work experience off? She might think you're unreliable. Do the work experience and prove her wrong, then ask again about a job.
She knows the reason why i called it off.

Ill just ring her and ask and pray for the best
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.59%
No (670)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed