Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone help explain why Lemaitre and Chambers have such different builds? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Christophe Lemaitre:

Dwain Chambers:

They look so different, yet they both compete in the same discipline at the highest level.

In before: It's cause Chambers is on drugss!!!!1

ReputationRep:
    Simply put, it's genetics. They have different builds purely from nature. Chambers is also a lot older and has had a lot more time to put a lot of muscle on. There's more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.

ReputationRep:
    But surely one type of body type would be the most advantageous for sprinting.

They are both different ends of the 'scale', skinny vs muscley, light vs heavy, yet they were both favoured for the race yesterday.

(Original post by Kash:))
    But surely one type of body type would be the most advantageous for sprinting.

They are both different ends of the 'scale', skinny vs muscley, light vs heavy, yet they were both favoured for the race yesterday.

Look up genetic body types. Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and I keep forgetting the 3rd one.

ReputationRep:
    The reason why lemaitre is so much less muscular is cos he only started weights training last year. He is at an advantage to chambers cos of his long stride length similar to usain bolt. Chambers though has the physical advantage so he can get much more power off the blocks and yesterday you saw what a good start he got. Lemaitre is still far away from the finished product cos he has a bad start and often sways during his running but in a couple of years he could be up there with the world's best.

ReputationRep:
    It only makes it much more interesting then to know that this guy is very good already but has a long way to go before he is the "finished" product.

ReputationRep:
    steroids.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/3492427.stm theres your proof for chambers

You cannot have the much muscle mass if your a professional runner, otherwise everone would recoomened cardio for building muscle mass

ReputationRep:
    You are aware most sprinters spend a lot of time in the weight room right? So your 'logic' is pretty poor.

ReputationRep:
    my logic is poor? maybe i failed to see THG ban for using anabolic steroids, what most heavy lifters use with extremem muscle mass? or did i just read the wrong article?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic123)
    my logic is poor? maybe i failed to see THG ban for using anabolic steroids, what most heavy lifters use with extremem muscle mass? or did i just read the wrong article?
    You realise steroid effects aren't permanent, right? His ban came in a long time ago, he's been roid free for years.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/3492427.stm theres your proof for chambers

You cannot have the much muscle mass if your a professional runner, otherwise everone would recoomened cardio for building muscle mass
    He's not on drugs anynmore...

And like the blind monk said, a huge chunk of training is about building the muslces to produce power.

ReputationRep:
    and? my dad has been of steroids for years he still has s**it load of muscle mass. Point is?

ReputationRep:
    and? my dad has been of steroids for years he still has s**it load of muscle mass. Point is?
    What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyc...n_get_eve.html

ReputationRep:
    He is on steroids.

ReputationRep:
    [url]You cannot have the much muscle mass if your a professional runner, otherwise everone would recoomened cardio for building muscle mass
    This is what I'm replying to. Just because he's a sprinter, that doesn't mean that sprinting is necessarily what built most of his muscle mass. He built his muscle mass to become a better sprinter. The logic doesn't line up at all.

ReputationRep:
    He's black.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Look up genetic body types. Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and I keep forgetting the 3rd one.
    Endomorph is the 'fat' body type.

Sprinting is power, but by no means is power synonymous with big-looking builds. As mentioned, genetics are fundamental, as well as training to increase fast-twitch muscle fibres.

Thus, impressive as sub-10 seconds is, Lemaitre will never run sub 9.75 tops because he is white.

(Original post by Diogeues)
    Endomorph is the 'fat' body type.

Sprinting is power, but by no means is power synonymous with big-looking builds. As mentioned, genetics are fundamental, as well as training to increase fast-twitch muscle fibres.

Thus, impressive as sub-10 seconds is, Lemaitre will never run sub 9.75 tops because he is white.

Whoa, I dont want to in the science that much. Was just suggesting. But certain body types have it easier. Compare Usain Bolt and Peter Crouch.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.