A college has withdrawn my application without my permission. Really upset? Watch

LaReina
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I went for an interview for a college and the woman was giving me a really hard time. My cousin and my mother were waiting for me. My mom could hear that the woman was accusing me of dropping out of college so she intervened (which she shouldn't have) then they got into a little argument. The woman asked my other to leave so she could talk to me.

My mom and cousin then started speaking to a woman who worked at college (lets say her name is Sarah). Sarah then pointed out that the woman interviewing me was the head of A-Levels. They then joked about it. One of the conditions to get into the college was to do a maths test. I came back for the maths test and guess what, the head of A-Levels wasn't even there! It took me ages to find someone to do the test because no one knew what I was talking about. It's been a month since I did it and haven't gotten a reply about Enrolment. My mom rang them and Sarah said they removed my name because I came up to them and told them I didn't want to go to that college anymore. And she swears that she heard me say it after the interview and another colleague was standing there with her. I never said that and the only other person that was there was my cousin. Then they started being really rude.

Well anyway they said that they put my name back on but I don't believe them. I thinks there's some sort of conspiracy going on. I think it's because my mother had a falling out with the head of A-Levels.... What can I do?!??
hypocriticaljap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
how old are you?
LaReina
Rep:
?
(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
how old are you?
Gavzzz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do you really want to go to this college with this bad air?
LaReina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gavzzz)
Well the thing is I've already wasted one year at another college. I can't waste another...
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This, and lets be honest bringing your family to an interview is never a good idea.
Pip-Squeak22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What college is it?
I'd look elsewhere tbh, the Head of A-Levels is bound to give you a hard time from now on. Why would you want to go there anyway, when they've been so rude to you?
LaReina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Delaney)
This, and lets be honest bringing your family to an interview is never a good idea.
I know but they weren't actually IN the interview they were in waiting area with other families...
Gavzzz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LaReina)
Well the thing is I've already wasted one year at another college. I can't waste another...
You are only 16...
LaReina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pip-Squeak22)
What college is it?
I'd look elsewhere tbh, the Head of A-Levels is bound to give you a hard time from now on. Why would you want to go there anyway, when they've been so rude to you?
It's Westminster Kingsway. I have applied for Monoux but I don't even remember what I applied for. I am going to interview and enrolment there though. If I don't get into either of these colleges I have to wait until next year September when I will be 18 and have to pay for everything!
LaReina
Rep:
?
You are only 16...
Well yeah I'm 16 going to be 17 next month. This was my first year at Haringey Sixth Form that didn't go so well.
mathew551
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What were you doing that year in the other college?
Gavzzz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well yeah I'm 16 going to be 17 next month. This was my first year at Haringey Sixth Form that didn't go so well.
:facepalm:
Pip-Squeak22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's Westminster Kingsway. I have applied for Monoux but I don't even remember what I applied for. I am going to interview and enrolment there though. If I don't get into either of these colleges I have to wait until next year September when I will be 18 and have to pay for everything!
Go for Monoux 100%. From friends previous experiences, GM is better anyway, and like I said, the woman will have her eye on you. Seeing as you need to make this work, it'll be better going to a place where your slate is clean.
Good Luck!
Pip-Squeak22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh yeah and C&I usually have spaces on enrolment day due to people not taking their places. So it won't all be lost if you don't get in, many places often have some room!
Onyx.
Report 8 years ago
If you go there the Head of A levels is bound to have a grudge on you anyway... She might even be the one giving you yor reference :erm: I would look elsewhere!
Missus K
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So lets get this right. You were in a private interview your mother then decides to burst in and start giving the person who is going to have the final say on your application hassle and make yourselves look like idiots to every punter in the immediate vicinity? Look at it from the colleges point of view why take someone on when they look like trouble when they just want a quiet life.

Seriously none of you seem the full shilling.
LaReina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Missus K)
So lets get this right. You were in a private interview your mother then decides to burst in and start giving the person who is going to have the final say on your application hassle and make yourselves look like idiots to every punter in the immediate vicinity? Look at it from the colleges point of view why take someone on when they look like trouble when they just want a quiet life.

It wasn't really private. It was a small room.. Quite open. The tables went around the wall where the teachers were interviewing. And there was a row of chairs in the middle where the family would wait. So you could hear other people having their interviews. There was even another kid having his mother talk for him.
Pip-Squeak22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Missus K)

Good point, but I'm just trying to show that Westminster Kingsway isn't the only college available, cause it seems the OP wants to go there, even after a showdown like that.
LaReina
Rep:
?
(Original post by mathew551)
What were you doing that year in the other college?
Well I was doing Law, Art and Sociology. My Sociology class was a waste of time (the students ran the class) had to learn on my own. I don't think I think all I got was Ds this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.35%
No (417)
72.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise