HELP!!!!! Internet explorer not working!!!! Watch

ef8888
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hiya guys!!! My internet explorer is not working!!! The weird thing is that my internet connection is fine, I could go on internet by firefox.......

Whenever I try to open internet explorer it just says 'Internet Explorer cannot display the web page'!!! And when I tries to diagnose the problem it says 'the website is not set up to establish a connection on port world wide web service(HTTP) with this computer', then it leads to a proxy server configuration thing. :eek:

I have NO IDEA on how to fix this!!!! :confused: So PLEASE HELP!!!

btw im on windows vista!!!
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tools>Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings > Untick everything > Restart IE > Try again > Let me know > Take dog out for a walk
ef8888
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I LUV U!!!!!!! It worked!!!! Thank you SOOO much!!!!
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No worries mate.
LaughingBro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Use Google Chrome! It's the best!!!
Zorg
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Use Firefox seeing as you have it installed. For familiarity sake https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4129/ to look like IE8
Chrosson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Zorg)
Use Firefox seeing as you have it installed. For familiarity sake https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4129/ to look like IE8
I don't understand the obsession with refusing to read anything but the OP. Could you explain, because I've noticed quite a few people doing it?
bigmo7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chrosson)
I don't understand the obsession with refusing to read anything but the OP. Could you explain, because I've noticed quite a few people doing it?
Cos people love to just recommend either FF or Chrome as soon as IE has any sort of problem without even trying to sort it out.

Another point is that programs like iTunes use the proxy settings on IE to set their own, I had problems connecting to the iTunes store and it solely down to the fact that I had altered the proxy settings in IE. (It was to stop a virus but I never reversed the alterations).
Zorg
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chrosson)
(Original post by bigmo7)
Cos people love to just recommend either FF or Chrome as soon as IE has any sort of problem without even trying to sort it out.

Another point is that programs like iTunes use the proxy settings on IE to set their own, I had problems connecting to the iTunes store and it solely down to the fact that I had altered the proxy settings in IE. (It was to stop a virus but I never reversed the alterations).
Apologies, I'd read the entire thread and noticed the OP had sorted her problem. Didn't think there was any point in trying to fix something that wasn't there. I'm merely suggesting they try Firefox if it's already installed. It's faster and more secure. The majority of people I've met who use IE8 is because either they're too comfortable with IE interface or they've never heard of the other browsers. I don't harp on about any in particular, in fact I'm typing this through Chrome. It's just IE is atrocious in some respects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads