GIRLS: Would you date a bisexual guy? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm a bisexual guy, but only out to a few of my closest friends. Obviously this makes things kind of difficult to express my err.. gay side in relationships but I'm worried that if I was to come out it would put girls off.

I've heard that most girls wouldn't go out with a bisexual guy, even though men often see bisexuality as a plus in girls (not me ironically). But is this true? Would you make an exception for the right guy? Would it not really bother you? Or would it be a complete turn off?

When you answer the poll bare in mind that I'm not the kind who would want to be having a gay relationship on the side. If I have strong feelings for somebody then I go off the other sex.
bubble11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Right now I think I would feel a little weird about being with a bisexual guy but I don't know how I would actually feel if I really was in the situation of really liking a bisexual guy. We can't help who we like so I'm sure plenty of girls would would be willing to accept the whole bi thing for someone they had feelings for. Like you said, it's not like you'd be having a gay relationship on the side so really for a girl who's with you it should just be like any other exclusive relationship.
Lilrascal19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think it would bother me.
me, myself and I
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Honestly speaking, I think it would bother me tbh...sorry
sweeter than a cherry pie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, I have jealousy issues as it is, so it probably wouldn't help those...

... But I kinda like guy on guy. :teehee:
pinkspiders
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think it'd bother me really. If you've had previous partners then you've had previous partners, wouldn't be my place to discriminate.
ArcaneAnna
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wouldn't care.

Me ex is bi...and he actually left me for another guy :/

but i'd still not be put off.
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no twice as many people to be jealous of
Tashalls
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't mind
HamsterdanceX
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmmm, I like a challenge. :teehee:
ste0731
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This threads been done about 1000 times.

Just be yourself, if a girl wouldn't date you due to what you are then she does't deserve you.

Some will have a problem, most won't
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ArcaneAnna)
Wouldn't care.

Me ex is bi...and he actually left me for another guy :/

but i'd still not be put off.
OMG! pm me! The same thing happened to me.

But I think because of this, I would be put off if he was bi.
Aivicore
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a bisexual guy, but only out to a few of my closest friends. Obviously this makes things kind of difficult to express my err.. gay side in relationships but I'm worried that if I was to come out it would put girls off.

I've heard that most girls wouldn't go out with a bisexual guy, even though men often see bisexuality as a plus in girls (not me ironically). But is this true? Would you make an exception for the right guy? Would it not really bother you? Or would it be a complete turn off?

When you answer the poll bare in mind that I'm not the kind who would want to be having a gay relationship on the side. If I have strong feelings for somebody then I go off the other sex.
It wouldn't bother me at all, probably because I can see where you're coming from - both genders are attractive to me too. (Only 2 of my friends know I'm bi and none of my family except my mum have any idea.)

One thing I'm wondering though - You say you don't see girls being bisexual as a plus - Do you see them on the same level as straight girls or do you see it as a negative?
If the latter I think that's very hypocritical of you. :rolleyes:

Provided you (as you say you do) believe in a monogamous relationship like me, I would have no reason to see you in a bad light.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

My long-term boyfriend is bisexual and it doesn't bother me at all. He has had a relationship with a man but he used a condom when it came down to things, and has been checked for STI's so it's all ok. Some people seem to believe that if a man is bisexual, he will cheat on a woman with a guy and therefore would not go out with a bisexual man.. I think that's kinda silly because a straight man could cheat on a woman with another woman anyway; it's the same thing! It's all about trust.

I assume you're a nice guy who wouldn't mess any partner around, use condoms, and get health checks. If you're switching between partners, male or female, using protection is vital. Also remember that it's not just intercourse itself that can lead to STI's. As long as you're upfront and honest, and dealing with mature partners (not in the "old" sense lol) your sexuality should not be a problem. I hope you understand what I mean.. a bit ill at the moment so I don't feel like I'm coming across well, sorry! :p:
Onyx.
Report 8 years ago
I'm not going to say it wouldn't bother me at all, because I would be lying. However, I wouldn't turn down a guy or refuse to date him just because he was bi.
alexaisonfire
Report 8 years ago
I went out with a bisexual guy and wasn't any different from going out with a straight, except if there was a fit actor in a film or whatnot, he would be in agreement with me rather than giving the actor on screen the evil eye. :cute:

I agree with ste0731
Nickyxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wouldn't bother me
Joe Weavurrr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ste0731)
This threads been done about 1000 times.

Just be yourself, if a girl wouldn't date you due to what you are then she does't deserve you.

Some will have a problem, most won't

mean girls sig = ******* awesome. i love that film :yep:
username330427
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't mind. I'd probably find it quite hot. :sexface:

Then again, it would be slightly hypocritical if I did care. :teehee:
x_Lexie_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hate to say it for I have no idea why but I think it would bother me. Its got nothing to do with twice as many people to be jealous of or anything like that because I know being bi doesn't make you any less faithful. I think maybe it would just make me feel uncomfortable. The last guy I liked, well lets just say the day I found out he was bi was the day I stopped being attracted to him. I dont know if thats the reason or because the whole time I thought he was straight and it was a shock or because it was only a small crush anyway or because I finally got it off my chest by telling his best friend who talked to me about it. I definitely found it off putting though whatever the reason.
I have no problem with gay or bi people, some of my closest friends are one or the other but I just dont think I could date a man who was bi, then again it depends on the man. Who knows, maybe I will fall in love with a man, find out he is bi and it wont matter to me. I cant say for sure thats impossible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (91)
26%
No (259)
74%

Watched Threads