who do some people abuse there right to "neg" others? Watch

T-go
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can someone explain to me why sometimes it says -432 and other times -0...
darkred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
because I can

(waiting to be negged :ninja:)
Rawr.ox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I actually never bother "negging" people; people I disagree with or think are idiots, I just leave to it. I do tend to rep people a lot, though.

Random neg rep is annoying, but then really, it has no effect on your life so shouldn't care really.
I posted once about how random neg rep is annoying, and someone negged me because they thought it'd be funny if I put it in my sig. The slightly amusing thing was that it didn't actually do anything to my reputation as they had no "power".

(Original post by adam_zed)
Its usually the nonsensical ramblings of bored and lonely individuals.
I was negged once and it said something like "nothing to do with your post but I just don't like you in general". Gee thanks.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
right had to post this in H&R becuase i wanted to ppost anon becuase fear of being negged more for this post...
You could have just created a new account but nevermind.

but why do some people feel the need to neg people for no reason saying things like
"i hope you get aids" or "because i can "
Because they're dicks. They like to feel tough on the Internet and, as they can do these things without punishment, they do it.

Becuase you think they will neg you back? i mean why are people so anoying on TSR!
Usually, yes. I rarely, rarely receive negs (and, when I do, usually from newbie's who have no rep power). But you can bet that they don't sign it because they see my high rep and know I can do more damage.

They don't know mods/subs can see the names. I remember being accused of abusing my mod powers after someone negged me (for a fair post) and I sent a PM to ask why.
m.wellington
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
I neg anyone who says something I disagree with, isnt that what the up down facebook style thumbs are for?
River85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by m.wellington)
I neg anyone who says something I disagree with, isnt that what the up down facebook style thumbs are for?
TSR had it before facebook :hmpf:

That is what it's for, yes, but I don't think that's what the OP is complaining about. I think he/she is complaining about those who go around and neg for no reason. Random negs. Or who are deliberately hurtful.
m.wellington
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by River85)
TSR had it before facebook :hmpf:

That is what it's for, yes, but I don't think that's what the OP is complaining about. I think he/she is complaining about those who go around and neg for no reason. Random negs. Or who are deliberately hurtful.
fair enough :woo:
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You could have just created a new account but nevermind.

Because they're dicks. They like to feel tough on the Internet and, as they can do these things without punishment, they do it.

Usually, yes. I rarely, rarely receive negs (and, when I do, usually from newbie's who have no rep power). But you can bet that they don't sign it because they see my high rep and know I can do more damage.

They don't know mods/subs can see the names. I remember being accused of abusing my mod powers after someone negged me (for a fair post) and I sent a PM to ask why.
If I ever feel like negging you rest assured I shall sign my name
Presidential
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
People actually care about rep on an internet forum? Sad times.
River85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by paddy__power)
If I ever feel like negging you rest assured I shall sign my name
Okies :hat2: But leave a good comment. I like comments. Most of the best rep comments I get are those with no rep power. So, as you have some, it needs to be extra special :yep:

I don't neg people back anyway. It's rather silly. If they don't give a comment, and I really don't know what it's for, I'll send a PM and ask. If they reply to my PM and act a tool (ie the PM is abusive) then I might neg but only if I know that person's been abusive/given crap advice to others.

There are more important things in life.
River85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Presidential)
People actually care about rep on an internet forum? Sad times.
When the gems are soooo pretty it's hard not to.

It's all about the long, long wait for the flashy one. You know you've made it in the world then.

Nah, I don't think most do, but receiving a hurful comment whether through the rep syetem or not can be... hurtful. I received an especially nasty rep comment (and two PMs) from one member (ended up getting temp banned for it :p: )
MissSasha
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Looool i’ve only been on here for around 4 days and ive already been negged 3 or 4 times. Some because they just don’t like what ive said, once because I was black and I quote “******* black ***** you deserves this”. when i first joined I cared about the neg and rep ratting now i don’t care as much it doesn’t mean anything people will neg you for anything so you might as well just say what you like when you like to who you like its only a virtual gem...
machiavelli123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's like being able to draw a penis on some randomer's face without any retaliation (if you do it anonymously). :holmes:
Presidential
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When the gems are soooo pretty it's hard not to.

It's all about the long, long wait for the flashy one. You know you've made it in the world then.

Nah, I don't think most do, but receiving a hurful comment whether through the rep syetem or not can be... hurtful. I received an especially nasty rep comment (and two PMs) from one member (ended up getting temp banned for it :p: )
lol, the anonymous nature of rep is prob tbh. I got negged twice for saying the toyota yaris was a better car than the ford KA.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Okies :hat2: But leave a good comment. I like comments. Most of the best rep comments I get are those with no rep power. So, as you have some, it needs to be extra special :yep:

I don't neg people back anyway. It's rather silly. If they don't give a comment, and I really don't know what it's for, I'll send a PM and ask. If they reply to my PM and act a tool (ie the PM is abusive) then I might neg but only if I know that person's been abusive/given crap advice to others.

There are more important things in life.
I have some but me negging you would be like a cat trying to kill a rhino by spitting on it, not that I'm comparing you to a rhino of course :p:

I will leave you a lovely comment, complete with acerbic jibes and sarcastic appriasals of your posts , I expect a PM offering thanks for the special neg tbh :awesome:

I never used to neg anyone, but one or two users abhor me in so many ways that I do tend to reply to their negs. I also replied to the ones who had left other peoples names when they negged me before I subbed - I just thought that was cowardly enough to deserve it tbh, and the overly abusive ones :yep:

Rep doesn't even register slightly as a consideration in my life tbh, but while I'm on TSR being bored I don't feel any particular aversion to repping and negging as I see fit
Steiss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not even a tangible object that you can brag about in front of your friends. It's just pitiful.
Muffin.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I very rarely neg people.

How many people do you think will neg the OP for writing 'there' instead of 'their'? :gah:
MissSasha
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Muffin.)
I very rarely neg people.

How many people do you think will neg the OP for writing 'there' instead of 'their'? :gah:
spelling and grammer nazi's are the worst

I have dyslexia so its hard for me to spell or form sentences and I get negged for that as well its a sad virtrual life LMAO
Mann18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Left Hand Drive)
Never start a sentence with because.

Negged, I urge other to neg this **** too!
*others.

I haven't checked my negs yet, but if I have one from you, get ready for the pain.
LostSoulForever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because people take online reputation far too seriously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (42)
13.64%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (26)
8.44%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (62)
20.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (44)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (36)
11.69%
How can I be the best version of myself? (98)
31.82%

Watched Threads