who do some people abuse there right to "neg" others? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
right had to post this in H&R becuase i wanted to ppost anon becuase fear of being negged more for this post...

but why do some people feel the need to neg people for no reason saying things like
"i hope you get aids" or "because i can "

what pleasure do people get from negging people? if you dont agree with them why dont you try to talk to them instead of just negging them.

the thing thats gets on my nervous the most is when people dont put there name on it! so u want to neg sombody becuase you think there wrong but you dont want them to know who it was? why? Becuase you think they will neg you back? i mean why are people so anoying on TSR!
MissyP
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
right had to post this in H&R becuase i wanted to ppost anon becuase fear of being negged more for this post...

but why do some people feel the need to neg people for no reason saying things like
"i hope you get aids" or "because i can "

what pleasure do people get from negging people? if you dont agree with them why dont you try to talk to them instead of just negging them.

the thing thats gets on my nervous the most is when people dont put there name on it! so u want to neg sombody becuase you think there wrong but you dont want them to know who it was? why? Becuase you think they will neg you back? i mean why are people so anoying on TSR!
I only neg someone when they leave a comment which is rude, abusive or just plain uncalled for and when i do i leave the reason and my name. As for opinions i let people have their say because anyone is different and believe in different things, but being rude is just uncalled for. Manners cost nothing.
cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the same reason people abuse children - for fun
Mann18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because sometimes, it's late, close to rep being regenerated anyway, and someone just says something you find you don't like that much.
Had you not been anon, I'm sure someone would have negged you for poor grammar.

Their.*
Norfolkadam
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
It's the Internet.
:yep:
concubine
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No respect for anyone that cares about reputation on here.
cz100
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a tough world
PapaShmurff
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You deserve to be negged for your failure to spell.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
Lifes a *****.
ameeso
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
It's the Internet.
:ditto:
I'm A Duck - Quack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As a lot of people on this forum are sad and have no life so have to be cool on here (Profesh, Jangrafess)
ncsjohn02
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol why do you care?

its "rep" mate, pixels on a forum to make those who have more feel superior to make up for their insecurity in real life. are you saying youre one of the aforementioned persons? :lolwut:

say what you want when you want how you want. screw the haters. :rolleyes:
Dude Where's My Username
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:facepalm2: Good god, you're a loser OP How empty is your life to care about "rep" on the internet. People can neg me or you as much as they want, so I say if you react badly to negs, you seriously need to re-evaluate the quality of your own life. ASAP :facepalm2:
Dude Where's My Username
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by I'm A Duck - Quack)
As a lot of people on this forum are sad and have no life so have to be cool on here (Profesh, Jangrafess)
I have to say, you're a million per cent correct about that
Bobifier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This thread is EXACTLY the reason I neg people :awesome:
Steevee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because people are douches.

And the anonymity of the internet allows them to let out their inner douchieness without consequence.
username330427
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GIFT

Basically sums up everything everyone else has said.
AlexR.92
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
On thestudentroom.co.uk and other forums there are reputation systems in which users give points to other users for good or bad posts. Neg rep is when a person receives negative reputation, in contrast to positive reputation. The people most likely to get 'negged' are trolls, general idiots, and people with opinions that others do not agree with, though some people will neg others just for the hell of it. Negative reputation deducts points from the recipient's total reputation points shown by little green or red gems. How much rep you have decides how much rep power you have, which denotes how many points will be deducted from the recipient's power when you neg rep them. The more rep, the more power. Some people believe that these gems represent how big their e-peni is, this however is not true -post count does.

New TSR user: Someone gave me neg rep :'(

TSR user: Shut the **** up you whiney little *****. I have so much positive rep! My E-Penis is HUGE!

New TSR user: *negs*

TSR user: HAH your neg is worth nothing.

(Not sure how this relates to anything but it's quite funny)
Duckandthat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the best way to deal with this is to just not read your reputation comment box.
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I abused the right too much that I got banned for 3 and a half months from rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.43%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (51)
20.48%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (31)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (74)
29.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed