how is everyone?
x
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
andrewkeith5
That's quite alright :smile: What were you going to ask? TV Licensing have a habit of telling you that you need one even if you don't :tongue:

To answer your other question, you will need to bring with you any and all utensils that you feel you will need or want to use, right down to the cutlery...oh, also if you don't like people using your stuff without permission probably best either to not bring too much or to get some under-bed storage boxes for your kitchen bits and dried food etc, as there's hardly any lockable storage space in the kitchen...

Generally they only provide you with a kettle in standard accommodation. You may want to bring a toaster and iron/ironing board but I'm not sure if these are supplied - are your parents coming with you to move in? If so I would recommend waiting until you're there, seeing what you get and then you can work on sorting out the other bits.

If I remember rightly, there is information on the website that lets you know what is provided - I'll have a look :smile:

They might cut the heat in winter, I'm not entirely sure as I didn't live in Stafford Tower. However, whenever I went into Stafford it was always so biblically hot because the heating is on full whenever it's on that I would have had enough heat to last me a year :tongue:

im not gonna bother callin them, just not gonna get 1, if i wanna watch TV, ill go round to a mates xD

aye, me mam and dad are coming with me x3 coz im forcing them lolz, ive already got a few bits and bobs, and if i do buy anything that i dont need, ill just save it for the 2nd year :biggrin:

ive been told to take an iron with me, so im gonna buy one of them soon, whats the point in giving you an ironing board and not the iron, thats like giving someone a hammer and telling them to nail something to the wall without a nail. silly people :smile:

ohh if its that hot, ill take sun cream xD

thanks for givin me the information andrewkeith5!

Simon_taylor
got new build floor 6
so up for freshers!
how is everyone?
x

hey simon! nice ta meet cha - well not meet coz its over the internet but u get my drift :smile: shame ur not in stafford tower dude :smile: make sure u come and say hi tho :P
Reply 22
stafford tower, on third floor

will study marketing management~ any classmate?:smile:
ChibiSora
im not gonna bother callin them, just not gonna get 1, if i wanna watch TV, ill go round to a mates xD

aye, me mam and dad are coming with me x3 coz im forcing them lolz, ive already got a few bits and bobs, and if i do buy anything that i dont need, ill just save it for the 2nd year :biggrin:

ive been told to take an iron with me, so im gonna buy one of them soon, whats the point in giving you an ironing board and not the iron, thats like giving someone a hammer and telling them to nail something to the wall without a nail. silly people :smile:

hey simon! nice ta meet cha - well not meet coz its over the internet but u get my drift :smile: shame ur not in stafford tower dude :smile: make sure u come and say hi tho :P

ha i know what you mean, course i will! by the sounds of it everyones in stafford so will be in there all the time!
you up to much this summer?
ChibiSora

Not a problem :smile:

Your buying things plan sounds good to me :smile: you certainly do need literally everything in second year if you aren't living in uni accommodation as the literally give you nothing in private rents.

Entirely agreed on the subject of ironing boards but not irons. The only reason I can come up with is that ironing boards are quite tricky to transport and irons are very easy to break/get clothes melted onto :p:
Reply 25
Hey,

if anyone is on floor 9 stafford tower
or marketing course - let`s connect!

Add me: http://bit.ly/coy3Zw
Ogybyte
Hey,

I'm on placement at the moment, but I'm doing the marketing course if ever you are stuck on anything!
Reply 27
andrewkeith5
I'm on placement at the moment, but I'm doing the marketing course if ever you are stuck on anything!

Hey, thanks! Have you found your placement job already?
Ogybyte
Hey, thanks! Have you found your placement job already?

Yes, I've already started my placement (I finished second year this May)
Ogybyte
Hey,

I was on that floor as a Fresher in 2005-6! I was Room 10!
Reply 30
andrewkeith5
Yes, I've already started my placement (I finished second year this May)

Good luck! See you next year? :smile:
Reply 31
Lil Lee
I was on that floor as a Fresher in 2005-6! I was Room 10!

Is this floor ok?
Reply 32
Hello there! I'm asking this on behalf of my friend as she got into a place at aston this morning through clearing and she doesn't know anyone who is going... So I was wondering if someone could help me... Her questions are:
How do you apply for the accommodation? Did you get an email or something...?
And what accommodation is the best one (in your opinion as I'm sure they vary!)
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank You!!
Reply 33
Hey,

Got accommodation offer, stafford 1st floor, anyone else on this floor and is it good to be on this floor?!
Reply 34
When is the latest you'd get an accommodation offer if you got an unconditional yesterday?
VictoriaH
Hello there! I'm asking this on behalf of my friend as she got into a place at aston this morning through clearing and she doesn't know anyone who is going... So I was wondering if someone could help me... Her questions are:
How do you apply for the accommodation? Did you get an email or something...?
And what accommodation is the best one (in your opinion as I'm sure they vary!)
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank You!!

This is the link for accomm and your friend should go to the apply online bit.

It depends entirely on people's own preferences. I wouldn't say there is a best one, it just depends on if your friend wants somewhere a bit quieter, is fine with sharing a bathroom and how much they want to pay.

rachel186
When is the latest you'd get an accommodation offer if you got an unconditional yesterday?
It's hard to say as they have a lot of people to sort out. I'd wait until Tuesday next week and if you haven't heard anything, call the accomm office.
Reply 36
New Build B1 Floor 3 :biggrin: MSG me anyone wants to get in touch
Reply 37
Simon_taylor
got new build floor 6
so up for freshers!
how is everyone?
x

Hey I'm in new build too! floor 5! Have you heard anything about where we're supposed to go if the new build's not finished in time? Apparently we might have to stay in standard for a bit but I haven't heard much info on it, have you heard anything more? :smile:
Reply 38
I was just wondering, does anyone know if they go through the applications and allocate each person in alphabetical order when they allocate the accommodation?
Kim-x
I was just wondering, does anyone know if they go through the applications and allocate each person in alphabetical order when they allocate the accommodation?

No, it's a mix between first-come-first served and a set combination of male/female, international/eu/home, and fresher/other years which decides where everyone gets placed.

It's very complicated and quite incomprehensible to be honest...

Latest