Turn on thread page Beta

Hey,

I am due to go on holiday on 28th August and after totally messing about my periods after I came off the combined pill due to migraines and trying another pill which I didn't get on with, have just come on my period which seems to have regulated now, meaning I will come on my period the day after I land abroad!

I absolutely detest the idea of being on my period when on holiday, so am trying to decide the best form of action to take so wondered whether anyone had advice based on their personal experience?!

I know that I could take a norethisterone a few days before and then during my holiday to prevent my period then, but I would have to take this 3 times a day which I'm thinking will be much easier to forget than just one pill a day, which leads me to consider turning back to my old marvelon pills. I have a couple of packs of these left and could take them back to back preventing my period during my holiday, however since I have suffered a couple of migraines on this pill I am unsure as to whether this is really safe?!

I know I'm being silly by messing my body around like this, but I just want to enjoy my holiday that I've looked forward to for so long and really can't believe this timing!

Any advice?

Sorry it's such a long post!

ReputationRep:
    Last month I didn't want to be on for my Graduation Ball, and I took Norethisterone. It had no side effects for me, and I found it quite easy to remember. Plus after your holiday you can just stop and you will come on as normal - simple

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried any other brands? Might just be Marvelon that affects you in that way. A lot of people end up trying different pills to find the right one for them.

ReputationRep:
    i would suggest norethisterone, no side effects, easy to remember, no migranes
    just take a few days before your period is due and ull be fine throughout your holiday!
    either that or try a different brand and see what happens! good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.