0%
    once every two days
    12.24%
    once every three days
    4.08%
    less than twice a week
    8.16%

ReputationRep:
    I recently went to a sexual health clinic, as I hope a lot of people do. And I asked a few questions that I'd been wondering for a while, how often should we wash our penises?

The poll will be left closed to the public (unless the mods change that for any reason).

What I was told is in the spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Wash once a day with either water, water and a small amount of soap, or lightly salted water, but water on it's own is fine. If it's a hot day, or you're particularly sweaty, wash twice a day.
    Dry by dabbing a towel.
    Obvious, to wash roll back your foreskin, put your penis under the water (I do this in the shower, so I put it under the stream) and rub away any smegma, debris, etc. gently.

To dry, dab with a towel.

You may also wish to after doing this check your testicles for any lumps and bumps etc.

Feel free to post any advice you have for anyone whose unsure.
    I'll admit, when I was 15, I didn't really have much of a clue about hygiene down there, and was, to say the least, a bit timid.

Use your own towel when you can.

ReputationRep:
    Well I personally like to keep the smegma to use instead of cheese in my sandwichs. I'll collect that with a cotten wool bud first, then proceed to wash

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to know :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    Well I personally like to keep the smegma to use instead of cheese in my sandwichs. I'll collect that with a cotten wool bud first, then proceed to wash
    On a serious matter, are you joking about trying to collect it with cotton wool first?
    If you honestly do enjoy smegma sandwich, have you considered replacing that with personal hygiene:awesome:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Why do you want to know :s
    I can't see who voted what, but I thought it might be an interesting thread that could raise hygiene awareness. A lot of people are a bit hesitant about discussing matters about down south.

ReputationRep:
    I always wash all of me everytime I have a shower

I'm uncircumcised and my parents never really told me about hygiene down there. When I finally realised that my tight foreskin (from never having stretched it back to wash) was not normal, I was about 14. Weeks of stretching ensued, and it was like the great barrier reef down there. Thank **** I had the internet to help me out before I got a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm uncircumcised and my parents never really told me about hygiene down there. When I finally realised that my tight foreskin (from never having stretched it back to wash) was not normal, I was about 14. Weeks of stretching ensued, and it was like the great barrier reef down there. Thank **** I had the internet to help me out before I got a girlfriend.
    I was the same to be honest. It's partly why I felt it'd be a good idea to make the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Use your own towel when you can.
    Ahhh damnnnn.

I always forget to use my own towel.

And I wash mine with a brillo pad and and some soap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazingAtStars)
    Ahhh damnnnn.

I always forget to use my own towel.

And I wash mine with a brillo pad and and some soap.
    Those who are getting some may switch between the towel they and their partner use. Judging from your sarcasm on this matter I'll guess you're a bit pent up .

ReputationRep:
    Those who are getting some may switch between the towel they and their partner use. Judging from your sarcasm on this matter I'll guess you're a bit pent up .
    Oh. Well. I didn't think of that. :erm: I was more thinking of the random towels I find hanging around at the gym..

ReputationRep:
    Good to know i'm doing it right.

Once or twice a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazingAtStars)
    Oh. Well. I didn't think of that. :erm: I was more thinking of the random towels I find hanging around at the gym..
    Smooth
    Are you a guy or girl out of curiosity?

ReputationRep:
    Smooth
    Are you a guy or girl out of curiosity?
    A man :cool:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't actually have a penis though

So I guess I lied. I am actually a girl

My bf has to wash it daily or it gets a bit whiffy.

ReputationRep:
    who the hell, male, DOESN'T wash their **** at least every morning in the shower?!

ReputationRep:
    Also glad to know imn doing it right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winterSTU)
    who the hell, male, DOESN'T wash their **** at least every morning in the shower?!
    Those who have shy parents.

ReputationRep:
    I have a bath every year, whether I need it or not.

ReputationRep:
    I recently went to a sexual health clinic, as I hope a lot of people do. And I asked a few questions that I'd been wondering for a while, how often should we wash our penises?
    Twice a day, morning and before sleep. Sometimes more depending on circumstance - ie. when with my gf.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.