Scott Cornwall Colour B4 Hair Colour Removal - Anyone used it? Watch

Meesh12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
im using colour b4 again because the colour of my hair now it dark brown with red in and the more i dye over it it goes darker so i want to strip it and go a burgundy red without the dark in as colour b4 is really good!
LanaLoo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I absolutely loved it!! was so worried about using at first because I have been dying my hair black for about 7 years and its about waist length! I was terrified it was going to fall out! but it took me to a nice shade of brown, perfect for dying over again with cyber purple!

I did leave it a week afterwards though, just to give my poor little hairs a rest!

Scott Cornwall = genius!! it really is an amazing product
Meesh12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi, scott I'm woundring if you could give me a answer or anybody that knows, erm iv just used colour b4 for the second time and I absolutly love this product! I have been dying my hair all different colours for years now but before I stripped it 2 days ago I was dark brown. Since I have stripped it I am now a brown gingery colour but it doesn't bother me aslong as it has made my haoir lighter:] I also bought 2 boxes of loreal feria plum power colour as a girl in my college class has it and the colour is amazing! I'm going to leave my hair for another 3 days and then applie this colour, can anybody tell me if I will get good results with my hair being the colour it is now, the girl in my college class had a meduim brown hair and the colour has turned out fantastic ontop of it. Could anybody help me if they have any ideas, thanks.
Mayden
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I loved this when I used it (I'd dyed my hair black/blue with Live) and hated it, (despite my previous love for it haha!) So I used the extra strength version of this colour stripper and voila, went back to my brown no problem, was slightly patchy due to my horrific application (and it smells a fair bit :p:) but I think it's fantastic, instead of bleaching etc. I'll definitely be going back to that if I ever mess up again!
MadMoo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dear Scott
I have just joined the discussion on your hair colour remover. I was wondering if it would work for me. I am a mature-ish student (40) and have dyed my hair for a few years. My hair's natural colour is a dark brown, but with a lot of white through it. This doesn't look very attractive, so I colour it with red shades. If I were to use your product, what do you think will happen? I have also used L'Oreal's two colour packs where I put on a base colour and then highlighted it with a lighter colour. Help, I'm all mixed up!
MadMoo
gracebutlerr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ScottCornwall)
I do try to answer everyones questions on my Facebook page. Its getting harder and harder for me to answer questions on here because I get so many and lose them, the same applies with e-mail questions.

You ultimately have to understand people that Colour B4 only removes artificial colour pigment it can't reverse any damage which has been done by previous hair colouring products. These are what turn your hair ginger or make the colour patchy and please don't call me abusive names Joshhh I might have a product that people buy but I spend a huge amount of time giving free advice to people on there hair. I don't see many experts from L'Oreal, P&G or Schwarzkopf doing that!
Hi, I used the colour b4 extra product yesterday and the instructions said to leave it on for 20 minutes, i bought the product again today and it says to leave it on for an hour. i am so confused, how long should i leave it on for? :confused:
LadyGa*Ga
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I used it around 2 weeks ago. My hair was dyed black and I wanted it out without paying loads at hairdressers! Got myself some Colour b4, and although it didn't take me back to my natural colour ( probably as i had been dying my hair black for so long ) I was more than happy with it. It has allowed me to dye it another colour. So all in all i think it's worth a go. Even if it stinks a bit .
jbug
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i have natural light brown/dark blonde hair, and my roots have come hrough about two inches. But i cant wait any longer!! i have been dying my hair for 3 years with xxl black hair dye, and ahve read many reviews that it wont work. I have used heat over 200 degrees in my hair for this duration. Would this product help me!!
thanks
Rhii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by jbug)
i have natural light brown/dark blonde hair, and my roots have come hrough about two inches. But i cant wait any longer!! i have been dying my hair for 3 years with xxl black hair dye, and ahve read many reviews that it wont work. I have used heat over 200 degrees in my hair for this duration. Would this product help me!!
thanks
Got rid of most of my colour and I've used tonnes of different XXL colours and have used a lo of heat as well Probably wont get it all out but will at least get it back to a decent enough colour that you can dye over to get your natural hair colour back That's what I did anyways
rachm
Report 8 years ago
I have been dying my hair for about three years and it has gone from black to cyber purple in the xxl "silicone packed" range. I straigtened and blow dryed my hair every day for the first year, and occasionaly ever since. (ghds)
Today i used the extra strength colour b4 and it has taken me down to a ginger tone, much lighter than the original colour, with it being slightly darker on my fringe-where i straighten it the most. I am not using any colour on it for the time being, but the lighter tone is much easier to dye onto with another colour. It is a fab product and im so glad i used it!
kellybee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes used it the other day and it's pretty epic. In the past year and a half my hair has gone from its natural mousy brown colour to blonde, then to peroxide blonde, then to brown, then back to blonde, then red. I then tried getting the red out by re-dying it with an ash brown but couldn't get rid of it. Tried the B4 colour stuff and baaamm I'm mousy brown again! It smells disgusting and is a ***** to wash out but works amazingly!! The 'buffer' that comes with it makes your hair feel disgusting but I put a bucket load of condition on it and it was fine. I'm now in the process of going back to peroxide blonde and theres not a hint of red hair dye left in my hair. WIN :thumbsup:
kasey.122
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well,i had black hair and i used colour B4 extra remove,and after i had dark brown roots and dark ginger hair,then i used the lightest blonde from XXL and i had light blonde roots,with red streaks,bright ginger in the middle,and dark ginger on the ends,i DONT recommend it if your planning to go back blonde,i had to put a dark brown over it and now my hair is fine. it dosnt ruin your hair but if you put a blonde dye over your hair will be a mess. iv never used bleach but i recommend it if you want to go back blonde,but dont strip it with the colour B4 extra remove&then bleach it as your hair will just go bright ginger. if your planning to go brown from black,strip it with the colour B4 extra remove which will go a dark ginger/light brown.then put about 2-3 brown dyes on your hair,it works out fine plus dosnt ruin your hair. and just to add this goes for anyone who has light brown natural hair or a mosey brown.
rangersbaby
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have used this product and its amazing , i recently dyed my hair dark brown almost black and with being blonde all my life it didn't suit me so i bought colour b4 extra strength it really stinks lol but does a great job removed all the dye and i was back to being blonde , i did put a lighter blonde colour in my hair stupidly 2 days after using it and it went a really dark colour so i bought colour b4 again and back to blonde and no damage to my hair , no more hair dye for me, thank you 10 out of 10 for this product.
rangersbaby
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gracebutlerr)
Hi, I used the colour b4 extra product yesterday and the instructions said to leave it on for 20 minutes, i bought the product again today and it says to leave it on for an hour. i am so confused, how long should i leave it on for? :confused:
the one i bought (extra strength) said on the instructions leave on for 1 hour also said 30 mins for the normal strength colour b4.
bammzie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rhii)
http://www.boots.com/en/Colour-B4.-H...pert._1000976/

I've been dying my hair for a while and at the moment I've got the Schwarzkopf Live XXL 'Red Passion' on it.
I want to go back to my natural hair colour now cos my hair's getting too damaged from the amount I'm dying it.

Saw this product and the reviews seem really good for it but I just wanted some more opinions before I go spending my money on it?

Any help's appreicated :yup:

Please quote me

I've used it, but as you've used XXL, I'd suggest either buying 2 ColourB4 kits or waiting 6 weeks from when you last dyed it before using it.

It worked really well with me, but I will warn you, as you've been using red, your hair will come out ginger. (I used mahogany on mine and it went strawberry blonde before calming down to a nice auburn-y mouse brown.)

Follow the directions to the letter!
faye_figgs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Advice/Suggestions - much appreciated

(My natural hair color is "boring mousy brown" )

I have been bleaching my hair (highlights) for a good few years - occasionally alternating to a dark brown and then starting the bleaching process all over again building up to an almost all over bleached head of hair (ashy blonde). My last color attempt (aiming for mid brown) ended up almost black due to my hair being so porous.

I heard about color b4 and wish I had discovered it sooner! I used it today as it has successfully removed the dark color leaving me with a much more workable canvas.

My color now is much lighter but has a slightly orange tone. Would a second application help to lighten my hair further?

The color I want to achieve is a natural looking very light brown ......not far off from what it looks out now, just without the orange/red tinge - then I can gradually darken if needed until I reach the desired shade.

I am not sure which color to go for as
1. my hair is very porous and will always come out darker than the color displayed
2. I do not want the color to be too light so it will not make a difference at all

I have been looking at Nice N Easy (8 washes) beige blonde 70 and medium ash blonde 73. Although some posters have said that their hair has turned black after using this?? (they haven't mentioned using color b4).

There doesn't seem to be many Level 1 hair colorants out there and I don't want to risk going to dark and having to start the process again.

Many thanks for any advice/thoughts!

Faye
laurenmarie1984
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
worked well for me, dyed my hair black for abut 7 years and it lightened after one usage followed instructions wrapped head in cling film to keep in the heat and it wend reddish dark brown on ends and lighter reddish blond on top, was well impressed as i never thought id get the black out. Im going to use it again after 3 days and then wait a week to put on a highlighter. Im just happy my hairs lighter! and you go ginger if you have put on a bleach before your hair won't go back to its natural colour it will go ginger but at least you got the dark colour out as you wouldn't ever be able to do without colour remover! before that you could only use bleach and it would melt your hair off iv done it years ago so what ppl complaining about? use your common sense if anyone wants to get the black out of hair i suggest you use colour removers extra strength and not use bleach cause you will go ginger as well and anyway and colour remover won't ruin your hair if you go ginger at least your lighter and then your on your way to getting the colour you want!
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I've used it many times. First time was to get dark brown dye out of my hair. It works well but be prepared to have uneven bright ginger hair at the end of it! You can use a semi permanent dye straight after it but not permanent, you have to wait a week before using permanent dye due to oxidation (in other words, it'll just make your hair go dark again). The worst thing about the stuff was the smell, it stinks of farts and rotten eggs! The smell lasted a good few times after washing.
Charlotteox1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello I used live XXL red on my hair for 3 years and wanted a change. I used this product and it worked amazing I never thought my hair would be free of red but after using this my hair has gone back to my original colour. I'm so happy.
xbugx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi .. I have been dying my hair with Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL HD 00A Absolute Platinum for the past few years and am a quite nice white blonde all over. My hair is long and naturally I'm medium brown. I Really fancy a change to brown/red toned hair but if I don't like it or get bored will Colour b4 get me back to white blonde .. or will it go gingery? Thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads