The Student Room Group

Changing my DOB on my driving license?

Ok in two days I will be 18 :biggrin: But tonight is the first night I'm going out to celebrate. Problem is I am going into a city where they love asking for ids. I would normally get in most clubs back home, but I'm going out with a mate who looks like 15-16. Yet he is 18 and has id.

The only things I can think about is asking to borrow my brothers, he is a year older and according to some we looked like twins a few years ago. Except he is thin and I am not, and he looks like an emo on his id. Where I am far from been an emo...

I can also maybe borrow my other brothers id, except he is 23! and I don't think I will get in with a 23 year olds id and been with a 18 year old.

Third option, and the reason of this post is... How can I change 31-07-92 into something I can get into a club with. A mate has stuck a green piece of paper onto his passport and it works for him, but I don't want to take my passport and think maybe taking my id would be better. Can I maybe write over it?

Anybody done this or something?

PS. Obv I know that I am not allowed to do this and I may get arrested and all that, but tbh I don't care, don't go posting saying it is silly or crap like that. It just bores me...

Scroll to see replies

Well aren't you just a big fat fraudster OP

Also. You'd NEVER get your provisonal back in time, even if you sent it on special recorded delivery.
Why would you celebrate being 18 when you're still 17? Just wait the remaining two days, shouldn't be that hard. Saves you from doing stupid illegal ****.
pwdrin
Ok in two days I will be 18 :biggrin: But tonight is the first night I'm going out to celebrate. Problem is I am going into a city where they love asking for ids. I would normally get in most clubs back home, but I'm going out with a mate who looks like 15-16. Yet he is 18 and has id.

The only things I can think about is asking to borrow my brothers, he is a year older and according to some we looked like twins a few years ago. Except he is thin and I am not, and he looks like an emo on his id. Where I am far from been an emo...

I can also maybe borrow my other brothers id, except he is 23! and I don't think I will get in with a 23 year olds id and been with a 18 year old.

Third option, and the reason of this post is... How can I change 31-07-92 into something I can get into a club with. A mate has stuck a green piece of paper onto his passport and it works for him, but I don't want to take my passport and think maybe taking my id would be better. Can I maybe write over it?

Anybody done this or something?

PS. Obv I know that I am not allowed to do this and I may get arrested and all that, but tbh I don't care, don't go posting saying it is silly or crap like that. It just bores me...

You dont mind about being arrested for fraud for the sake a night out?
Reply 5
Surely you'll get in somewhere sans ID?
You deserve to spend your 18th birthday in a cell if you're going to try this.
Just use your ID as it is and hope the bouncer doesn't know the date?
Reply 8
Use you're brothers and take another card with his name on it, should work.
Reply 9
Can't believe people are so appalled by underage drinking... especially considering that the guy will only be two days shy of his 18th birthday.

Anyway OP, here is an idea - you could photocopy your passport if you have one and fiddle with the numbers (including the ones in your passport number, which incorporate your date of birth, if you want to do a pro job). It will take 20mins and just requires access to a photocopier, scissors and glue. If they ask why you have a photocopy - just tell them that you didn't want to take your passport on a night out as it is too valuable.
Reply 10
Clubs around here run a little light on it to see if it has been tampered with. You'll probably be better off taking your brothers and a bank card if they get suspicious.
Reply 11
Hello Laura!
Just use your ID as it is and hope the bouncer doesn't know the date?

exactly! just act confident and they probably wont even ask for id
Reply 12
Just wait two days ffs! There's not going to be some mass closing down of clubs on the 31/7.

Why go to all that trouble for something you'll be able to do legally in two days time?
Reply 13
danz69
exactly! just act confident and they probably wont even ask for id

It's because of my mate they will ask, they did in cardiff airport on the way to ibiza... I was gutted...

I might take his id lol, and I don't think the photocopy will work.

The reason I am going tonight is because we are meeting people who we met in ibiza, and there all away again next week so won't really see them for my 18th.
How am I coming across so many people from Llanelli recently? A year ago, I didn't know anyone who lived there... :confused:

Anyway, if you absolutely have to, just take your brother's and say you've gained weight and lost the emo look since the picture was taken.
If you HAVE to go out celebrating tonight, go to a pub or something where it's less likely you'll get ID'd. Wait the 2 days before you go in to clubs.
Do you have a full driving licence? Sometimes bouncers see that and dont even bother checking the DOB
Reply 17
Every time I have been out they have said no to my driving license... and that's in Llanelli where the bar staff don't know what they look for and the bouncers only ask for id's when the police stand next door to them...
Don't risk ruining it, just take your brothers and be confident.
You actually turn 18 in two days...just wait till then. Clubs are a lot better on the weekends anyway.

Latest