Turn on thread page Beta

My application has turned into a mess..... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so a few days ago, they sent me back my birth certificate, thinking that was that. THen they sent me this email:

Online offer now available - Academic Year 2010/11

Your online offer for student finance is now available. Please login to your account to view your offer.

Further information about student finance is available at www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance.

Yours sincerely
    Student Finance England
    And now I'm thinking "great, that's that sorted". But then, TWO MINUTES LATER

Student eligibility evidence required - Academic Year 2010/11

Dear DRJT

Thank you for your application for student finance.

Your application is on hold because of the following reason(s):

* Awaiting Eligibility Evidence

We cannot determine your entitlement to student finance until we receive the necessary evidence. You may also have to provide additional information to support your application.

For further information relating to student finance, please visit our website at www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance or call us on 0845 300 5090.

Yours sincerely

Student Finance England
    Ok, this is fair enough, to an extent. I'll see what they're asking for, and I'll give it to them. So I log on and have a look, and this is where it gets confusing as hell:

They're asking for something that they already acknowledge they've assessed? Goodness me.

And then it gets even more annoying...

They have decided that I don't need a maintenance grant, when I am fully entitled to it.

Any idea on how to sort this mess out?

ReputationRep:
    They also said to me that information was missing, even though they had already sent it back to me. I sent it off again, and it still says that information is missing. They have at no point said my application has gone through.

So, to conclude, the whole system is awful and sorry I don't know how to help ha, all i can suggest is calling them up, although that has done me no good.

ReputationRep:
    Call them, they make mistakes. Give it a few weeks for the grant, the same happened to me, I called up and have a polite hissy and they just explained they process them separatly and the grant takes a bit longer.

ReputationRep:
    Theyv'e sent it back because they need a decleration of identity form, they did the same to me, pain in the arse.

ReputationRep:
    everyone gets the bottum part hence why its says your elidgeble for that, the grant and means assesed part of the loan is assesed differently so always appear later.

You mightent have had the right cover sheet on your application so i would print the cover sheet and send it again!

ReputationRep:
    They didn't take my household income into account either. However after a quick phone call pointing this out on the letter they sent me, they're going to send an updated letter.

ReputationRep:
    A similar thing has happened to me in terms of the mysteriously disappearing Maintenance Grant. I logged onto my parents account and it doesn't have my account linked to it anymore My plan is to wait until I get my declaration to sign then phone them up and get them to sort it out...what a faff on this is

ReputationRep:
    omds the same thing has happned to me, they keep sending me the non-means assesment when i cleary have sent all of the nesscary evidence they wanted, i called them up and they explained to me how my parents p60 has some T-code and how it might mean they have worked elsewere for that year, they asked me to call H&M customs and revenue to ask for a letter for my parents earinings for that year which takes 4 weeks to send!!! :mad: , this is so f****g long as after four weeks i have to send it to them which takes another month to process!!!. :mad: and i think the same thing has happned to you. all i can say is call them up and they will tell you excatly the reason for not giving the grant (means tested).

Hope this has helped you out

ReputationRep:
    The exact same thing happened to mine minus the offer email you got. It's really confusing because I sent them my birth certificate with the forms and they sent it back without the forms. I haven't been able to get through on the phone which is a pain in the backside. I'm going to leave it for another couple of days (it's been about a week and a bit since I got my birth certificate back) and if nothing changes I'll just send it to them again with the declarations.

ReputationRep:
    I feel for you. I hope this gets fixed asap and you get a grant even if its means a little amount.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.