how do i know which is the right 1 for me? Watch

marcia.nash
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
hey hey!!!

as u can see.. my name is Marcia... i'm new to this site.. kinda stumbled upon it while searching for the right uni for me.. seriously..lol

so thats my question for you guys.. how do you choose a university that best suites your needs?? by needs i'm talking financial and social.. also if your still relying on your parents for aid like me.. how would you convince them that this is the one??

im looking for uni's in the U.K. i want to study linguistics/anything related to media.. so i thought The home of the english would be the best place to do so.. comming from a former British colony and all//

i would really appreciate your input!!!
Minty Fresh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When i was first looking around the website that really helped me was http://www.push.co.uk/

Its got all of the academic stats, as well as provisions for students, night life and the cost of the local area

Hope that helps

Good luck
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by marcia.nash)
hey hey!!!

as u can see.. my name is Marcia... i'm new to this site.. kinda stumbled upon it while searching for the right uni for me.. seriously..lol

so thats my question for you guys.. how do you choose a university that best suites your needs?? by needs i'm talking financial and social.. also if your still relying on your parents for aid like me.. how would you convince them that this is the one??

im looking for uni's in the U.K. i want to study linguistics/anything related to media.. so i thought The home of the english would be the best place to do so.. comming from a former British colony and all//

i would really appreciate your input!!!

You can look at the tables for media to find like the best Unis for Media...

What kinda financial needs are you talking about? I guess you will be international...obviously every Uni will have a different price...it depends what your budget is like..and what do you mean by social?

Well, you know your parents better than I do...or anyone here on TSR..I mean, first are your parents happy about you doing the course you say you want to do?
Also...what do you want from this degree that you want to do? If its a good reason..surely thats reason enough for them to give you aid? )
marcia.nash
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
@ mint fresh.. hanks.. i'll check it out!!!

@ jake.. thanks too.. uhm being african and all my parents are rather strict hey.. they consider children as investments.. so they're less likely to want to pay for a course in lets say fashion design... because of the "risk" factors such as employment opportunities this side of the equator after graduation...

by social i kind of mean the location of the uni.. im a very outgoing person and love meeting new people so i wouldnt want to attend a uni thats in a small rural area...

thanks for ur input!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads