Kindle Watch

morg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm thinking about getting a Kindle before university, but i don't know a lot about them.

They look good, and the concept seems sound but are they really worth it?

I guess i would use it for books for leisure, textbooks and newspapers?

I've found one for about £110, which seams reasonable, but what do you all think.. is a Kindle worth it, or should i just stick with the old fashioned books and textbooks
</Tom>
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They're horrible to read on. Nothing compares to paper.
Leelo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My mum got one. She doesn't use it very often, it might not be as sound an investment as you think, at the end of the day nothing compares to an actual book.
mac32
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The new Kindle has an electronic-ink screen with 50% better contrast, and offers 20 percent faster page turns, up to one month of battery life, a twofold storage increase to 3,500 books, built-in Wi-Fi, a new graphite colour and more - all for only GBP 149, and still with free 3G wireless - no monthly bills or annual contracts.
Amazon has also introduced a new addition to its family of portable reading devices - Kindle Wi-Fi. Readers who don’t need the convenience of free 3G wireless can now enjoy the new generation Kindle for the lower price of only GBP 109.
And for the first time, Kindle devices are available at Amazon.co.uk. The all-new Kindle and Kindle Wi-Fi are now available for pre-order at www.amazon.co.uk/kindle3G and www.amazon.co.uk/kindleWi-Fi, and will be dispatched from the U.K. to customers from August 27.

Personally I would like to have the DX one because the larger screen would be much better for textbooks but it is expensive and the customs duties will rip me off. You are lucky in the UK that you can now skip these extra costs...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads