Report Thread starter 8 years ago
edit
aura1947
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tryhonesty)
it's been a year since i started my weight loss mission and it's far from over. feeling self-conscious about myself has been my motivation and even now i still feel self-conscious about my image. i gym four times a week and my diet is very good...but to still no avail...despite now having a relatively flat stomach, toned arms and legs (not bulky / very muscly tho...) i am so self conscious about my moobs.

my family said i was fat and they'd go once i lose weight. i've lost a good amount and they're still there. puffy nipples and a bit of breast tissue surrounding the aerola. my case isn't obvious but i see it and it messes me up. i wear clothes according to what doesn't make my nipple protude. i went to the GP and got referred to an endocrinologist. they did MRIs and even a testicular scan. the whole experience has been horrific and this was just to confirm that it was idiopathic (no cause). treatment was either to be put on a drug trial or to have a drug that gym users apparently take after getting moobs after taking steroids. it was either medical drug treatment or surgery.

i've opted for the surgery but i'm going private and am having a consultation over the next week. i'm worried about a lot of things like the complications and scarring but i really can't go on feeling like this.

i don't really know why i've posted this. i really don't want to have the surgery and i guess i'm posting this to see if anyone has actually lost their moobs by doing certain chest/pec workouts or anything. i want surgery to be my last resort.

has anyone got any moob anecdotes or stories to share?
:p: :o:
My friends and family like to grab and squeeze my moobs on a regular basis. I think they are trying to tell my something.

(I've got a BMI of 30.2)
redrose_ftw
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey i have exactly the same problem as you! i was all chubby when i was younger and my family said they'll go as you get older so i went to the gym did what you did toned up lost weight however i still have them (i'm 18 btw and after a blood test it showed my hormones have stabled so i cant do the drug bit). So i went to the doctors got refered to a surgeon and had the appointement last week saying what he would do.
he said complications that would occur would be excesive bleeding but thats very rare in younger people unless you take certain drugs such as pain relievers etc. I have decided to go along with the surgery basically to help my confdence like what clothes i wear and actually approaching women and not being self conscious that they are staring at my moobs lol

Back to you, you will be in the best hands wherever you have the surgery so the risk of complications is minimal and you will be back to normal within 6 weeks just go for the surgery, you will feel miles better inside and outside, hope that helps

back to
Blutarsky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by redrose_ftw)
hey i have exactly the same problem as you! i was all chubby when i was younger and my family said they'll go as you get older so i went to the gym did what you did toned up lost weight however i still have them (i'm 18 btw and after a blood test it showed my hormones have stabled so i cant do the drug bit). So i went to the doctors got refered to a surgeon and had the appointement last week saying what he would do.
he said complications that would occur would be excesive bleeding but thats very rare in younger people unless you take certain drugs such as pain relievers etc. I have decided to go along with the surgery basically to help my confdence like what clothes i wear and actually approaching women and not being self conscious that they are staring at my moobs lol

Back to you, you will be in the best hands wherever you have the surgery so the risk of complications is minimal and you will be back to normal within 6 weeks just go for the surgery, you will feel miles better inside and outside, hope that helps

back to
And how much does that cost?
redrose_ftw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Blutarsky)
And how much does that cost?
It"s free under the nhs just needs a lot of nagging towards the doctors
Blutarsky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It"s free under the nhs just needs a lot of nagging towards the doctors
Lol fair enough.

How long are you going to have to wait?
redrose_ftw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Blutarsky)
Lol fair enough.

How long are you going to have to wait?
well i saw the surgeon a week ago and he said he would try and fit me in before i go to uni but thats looking unlikely so it will probably be december time when i break up for christmas, the wait is worth it though
Keith Lemon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Could be loose skin? From the weight loss.
themanbearpig
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The tax payer pays for former fatty to get a better chest?

Thats ridiculous. You should be paying for it yourself.. I hope the tories can sort out hte NHS
tryhonesty
Rep:
?
well i saw the surgeon a week ago and he said he would try and fit me in before i go to uni but thats looking unlikely so it will probably be december time when i break up for christmas, the wait is worth it though
that's why i'm going private. i had to wait two weeks to get a consultation so i hope i won't have to wait a very long time to get the surgery done.

by the way i'm 19. congrats on losing all that weight. it's frustrating that its still a burden don't you think? i've finished first year of uni and i really want to get the surgery done this summer before going back.

i'm concerned about the scarring. a scar around the bottom half of my nipple would look pretty terrible. i'm worried about nipple inversion, infection, haematomas etc. of course im deliberating now whether it's all worth the risk and it feels like it'll be worth it.

i'd rather have tiny hole incisions under the arm and under the nipple but i'm not sure whether excess breast tissue can be removed that way.
redrose_ftw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by themanbearpig)

Thats ridiculous. You should be paying for it yourself.. I hope the tories can sort out hte NHS
i'm not here to have a debate about whether this is fair blah blah blah, just go away
redrose_ftw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
that's why i'm going private. i had to wait two weeks to get a consultation so i hope i won't have to wait a very long time to get the surgery done.

by the way i'm 19. congrats on losing all that weight. it's frustrating that its still a burden don't you think? i've finished first year of uni and i really want to get the surgery done this summer before going back.

i'm concerned about the scarring. a scar around the bottom half of my nipple would look pretty terrible. i'm worried about nipple inversion, infection, haematomas etc. of course im deliberating now whether it's all worth the risk and it feels like it'll be worth it.

i'd rather have tiny hole incisions under the arm and under the nipple but i'm not sure whether excess breast tissue can be removed that way.
I dont think people realise how bad it is, people dont understand that they dont develop from being fat however that is a little factor but its mainly when you go through puberty your hormones are all over the place so 'breasts' occur (this is aimed at douche complaining that the tax payer pays for it). Now i dont particularly want breasts do i haha

My consultant told me about excessive bleeding so for precaution i have to stay over night. I'm not too fussed about the scars tbh, i'd rather them than breasts tbh lol he said to me as long as you stay out of the sun they wont show up. Ye they have to cut under the nipple to get the tissue out and any excessive fat will be taken out through liposuction. I cant wait to get it done such a confidence booster it will be
Do you know after the op you have to wear this vest for 6 weeks, not sure why but i thought i'd let you know haha
Carpediemxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

he is talking about gynecomastia, not ***** titties from being fat. I have gynecomastia and have had it for years and years, its mostly predominent in my left side, and this is despite being sub 10% body fat for my entire life....it is horrible to have and it makes you self conscious, a tiny operation on the NHS to make a massive astetic and psychological improvement to ones health is worth it...compare it to years of antidepressants, its really not such a clear descision as you think it is
Captshiznit
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd run a course of letrozole or tamoxifen. Do your homework through google and you can find out why it's used to reduce Gyno but also can potentially reverse it if it's not that severe however it can always come back. Best bet get surgery... if it comes back even in slightest after surgery research what I mentioned above.
gamer9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Op how much did you weigh and whats was your height when the docs allowed to be booked for the operation?

Reason im asking is because i dunno if im just chubby with moobs that can be lost with weight loss or whether i have ones that need surgery to be removed.

Thx
tryhonesty
Rep:
?
(Original post by gamer9)
Op how much did you weigh and whats was your height when the docs allowed to be booked for the operation?

Reason im asking is because i dunno if im just chubby with moobs that can be lost with weight loss or whether i have ones that need surgery to be removed.

Thx
i used to weigh around 94kg and now i weight 77kg. my height is 5"10.

have you tried losing weight? my family kept nagging me saying it was just fat so i went out of my way to see if it was by exercising and dieting for a year and it turns out it wasnt just fat but hypertrophed glands and breast tissue. my case is minor and the only reason i want to get this done is because of the puffy nipples protude when i wear t-shirts.
gamer9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i used to weigh around 94kg and now i weight 77kg. my height is 5"10.

have you tried losing weight? my family kept nagging me saying it was just fat so i went out of my way to see if it was by exercising and dieting for a year and it turns out it wasnt just fat but hypertrophed glands and breast tissue. my case is minor and the only reason i want to get this done is because of the puffy nipples protude when i wear t-shirts.
lol im kind of the same as you then - i weighed 94kg a year and a half ago but now im 74kg. Im 6ft and im 19 too. I think im gonna try and lift weights at home for a bit and try and gain more muscle so atleast the doctors wont say to me "go lose more weight/lower your body fat %".

But yh I think i would go the drug route - atleast it isnt as painful and wont have to recover after the operation itself.
Holly Hiskey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Firstly, he will pay for it at some stage, it's called tax. Secondly it's not just fat.. if you read the thread you will see that several people have said that or you can google the condition and should find that it's not fat, it's breast tissue.
OP- I'd go for the operation, my friend had the same problem and asked his GP if exercise would help, and the GP said it would be the same as if a girl was trying to get rid of her boobs- you can make them smaller but some tissue will still remain. It's not a big operation and if it helps you then it's definitely worth it. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.31%
Leave (257)
20.69%

Watched Threads