TC deadline dilemma!! Watch

Finding.Paradise
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello everyone,

I've recently graduated with a 2:1 in Law from a top 5 university; I am now taking a gap year before beginning my LPC in 2011. I'd like to make TC applications to a select number of Silver Circle law firms.

I have recently been offered the chance to do an amazing fully funded 3 month internship abroad (Aug-Oct) that I feel will significantly boost my chances of getting a TC and develop my skills. The only problem is that most firms carry out their interviews/ assessment days over this period! I want to make my TC applications after i've completed the internship so that I can speak about the placement in my applications. However, I do not want to wait a whole year to apply for a TC that I'll actually be ready to begin in 2012

Does anyone know if firms still have TC places available after their July 31st deadline? If not, should I apply now and explain the situation surrounding my availability for assessment days/ interviews (bearing in mind this could put me at a detriment because I can't speak about working abroad in my application)? Has anyone here found themselves in a similar situation to the one i'm in? If you have - i'd love to hear from you!

P.S. In case you're wondering why i'm asking this question two days before the TC deadlines, I've already completed applications for the firms i'd like to apply to, I just haven't sent them off yet because i'm in the process of getting feedback on my 'availability dilemma'!

Thank you for all your help.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.86%
No (582)
60.31%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.83%

Watched Threads