Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically i applied for my accomodation as did everyone, however i was told that my offer was for oak house, which i never actually put down as my choice.
    I was looking at it yesterday and i was about to accept until i found out that toilets etc are shared between the rooms.
    Anyways i let the offer expire and am not looking for some information on flats around the area and people who are looking for flat mates. Does anybody know where i can acquire such info

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you're going to have a hard time finding an ensuite in a private flat or house, especially now. House-hunting happens early in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Private halls would be your best bet there's UNITE and Liberty living who I know do halls in Manchester you won't know your flatmates before you arrive but the majority have ensuite or google manchester student homes they have a forum for people requesting flatmates etc

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Victoria Hall is really good, but it is quite pricey and I imagine it will have been full months ago. Might be worth a shot though. Turning down an offer just because it's not ensuite is pretty silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurtonM)
    Basically i applied for my accomodation as did everyone, however i was told that my offer was for oak house, which i never actually put down as my choice.
    I was looking at it yesterday and i was about to accept until i found out that toilets etc are shared between the rooms.
    Anyways i let the offer expire and am not looking for some information on flats around the area and people who are looking for flat mates. Does anybody know where i can acquire such info
    i can't believe you let that offer of oak house go just because the bathrooms are shared. it's not that big a deal.
    oak house has the reputation of being one of the funnest most social halls in manc/fallowfield, lots of people apply there and will get turned away, and because of shared bathrooms.. you've turned it away to look at private accomodation!?

i think you should reapply for accomodation, and move to one of the other manchester halls of residence.

ReputationRep:
    Lol cheers you might be the 'cancellation' that gave me my first choice of Oak House after I complained about my first offer.

ReputationRep:
    I would think that halls of residence would be your best bet. Alternatively, you could try private accommodations such as Victoria Hall. These are ensuite, which seems to be what you prefer. Shared bathrooms ain't that bad though!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, please don't be put off by ensuite! In oak you have a girls bathroom and a boys one. If you want to be in Fallowfield still, you might be best looking for any second years who have a space in their houses.
    OR, if i were you, I'd ring up and ask about any remaining accommodation in university halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurtonM)
    http://www.manchesterstudenthomes.co...pics.asp?FID=1

but you're literally a **** for turning oak house down because of shared bathrooms, and probably a serious bore too.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, iam at msv south and need someone to replace me as im not going uni anymore if your interested at all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.