Bikini Wax Watch

Miss_Scarlet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have tried shaving and hair removal creams and other products, but nothing gets a totally perfect result. So I am considering getting a professional wax done... I don't like body hair so I really want it all gone down below if I can get the courage to go somewhere for it! Never even had my legs waxed though :-/

For anyone who has had this done (or partly done if not full xD):
1) How long does it generally last before the hair starts growing back at all?
2) How does the procedure generally work? Bit embarrassing, I don't even like the gyno xD
3) How bad is the pain generally?
4) Did any of you get a rash or bleed after being waxed? (a friend's scarily open mother told us how the hairs being pulled out had made her bleed lol)
5) How much does it cost roughly at a decent place?

I am a total wimp with pain, but I am hoping it would be relatively quick if done professionally...and hopefully be worth it? Opinions?

If you haven't waxed, but know another brilliant product that works, tell me that too...
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Get a Seiko Clean Cut xx
CSI_HIRO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I (partly) did it myself at home. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would - but they may have been because I did it in small sections. The first time when you take the hairs out the skin is a bit bloodshot/ and does bleed.
CSI_HIRO
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I (partly) did it myself at home. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would - but they may have been because I did it in small sections. The first time when you take the hairs out the skin is a bit bloodshot/ and does bleed.
member101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
I have tried shaving and hair removal creams and other products, but nothing gets a totally perfect result. So I am considering getting a professional wax done... I don't like body hair so I really want it all gone down below if I can get the courage to go somewhere for it! Never even had my legs waxed though :-/

2) How does the procedure generally work? Bit embarrassing, I don't even like the gyno xD
4) Did any of you get a rash or bleed after being waxed? (a friend's scarily open mother told us how the hairs being pulled out had made her bleed lol)

I am a total wimp with pain, but I am hoping it would be relatively quick if done professionally...and hopefully be worth it? Opinions?

If you haven't waxed, but know another brilliant product that works, tell me that too...
About 3 weeks when it started growing back at all, seems really fine when growing back though.

You may get given weird knickers which can hardly be called knickers, lol. She just moved the fabric aside and waxed each section and asked me to hold the skin for her. She did remark how I didn't seem to be finding it painful at all the first time I had it.

Depends really, like above the vagina lips, it didn't hurt at all, just like waxing a leg or arm. On the vagina lips it hurt a bit because it's a bit more sensitive there. Nothing to scream about though.

It was red, but that's a given lol. I didn't bleed at all.

Cost £25 which I found to be really expensive because my friends have been getting it for around £16 and just as good.

I would get it though, it feels so good. You walk out wanting to have sex with everyone you see, male and female. And it's so smooooooth, lol.
Irrepressible
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think it's best if at least your first time you go to a professionalist. There's nothing hard with doing wax once you get used to it, but it is a little tricky because of the direction of pulling out the hairs. They may also give you/ recommend some body lotion if your skin gets sensitive. I'm not gonna lie to you, it's kind of painful to me but the result is worth it. But I have friends who say they don't feel pain, so I guess it quite depends on your hairs/skin type.
Go for it!
Fluffy Chuckie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Scarlet)

i can't stand pain either but if you really want it gone then just get it done!
charlotte-rose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by member101)
About 3 weeks when it started growing back at all, seems really fine when growing back though.
THREE WEEKS?! The first time I got mine done it lasted 8 days!
member101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by charlotte-rose)
THREE WEEKS?! The first time I got mine done it lasted 8 days!
Hahaha really? How unfortunate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (58)
19.46%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
39.93%
Nope, not that interesting (121)
40.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise