Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's the closest/most accessible airport to Sheffield?

I'll need to be flying over in Sept and figured flights would be cheaper now so I may as well get too it.

Should I go to Manc then train it?
    East Midlands Airport...think you have to get a bus from there as well?
    Is the Robin Hood airport a proper airport or just a field in the country?

ReputationRep:
    Best would be Manchester Airport, there is a direct train from the airport to Sheffield.
    Robin Hood Airport is a proper airport, you'll just have to get the bus to (about 7ish miles I think) Doncaster train station and then a train (about 25mins) into Sheffield.
    East Mindlands is the "hardest" to get to Sheffield from, but is still possible.

Though do some research and have a look and see which is best for you.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds and Bradford? You'd have to bus though probably.

ReputationRep:
    I would say Manchester as well TBH. Just make sure if you caught at the border you have visas in your name.

ReputationRep:
    Robin Hood is largely holiday flights, don't think there's a link to Ireland from there.

ReputationRep:
    If you catch me at the border I got VISAs in my name

ReputationRep:
    Argh now I have that songgggggg stuck in my headdddddddd!!! Damn you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny1mcc)
    What's the closest/most accessible airport to Sheffield?

I'll need to be flying over in Sept and figured flights would be cheaper now so I may as well get too it.

Should I go to Manc then train it?
    East Midlands Airport...think you have to get a bus from there as well?
    Is the Robin Hood airport a proper airport or just a field in the country?
    if you catch me at the border i got visas in my neck

ReputationRep:
    Doncaster airport! It's like 20 mins from Sheff.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was gonna be about drugs:erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shavaunt)
    Best would be Manchester Airport, there is a direct train from the airport to Sheffield.
    Robin Hood Airport is a proper airport, you'll just have to get the bus to (about 7ish miles I think) Doncaster train station and then a train (about 25mins) into Sheffield.
    East Mindlands is the "hardest" to get to Sheffield from, but is still possible.

Though do some research and have a look and see which is best for you.
    East Midlands isn't that hard to get to Sheffield, short bus to East Midlands Parkway to get the train (Direct irc) to Sheffield. Either that, or Mancester.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty easy to get to Sheffield from all the nearby airports really. There's easy bus/train links from Leeds, Doncaster, Manchester and East Midlands. You should be ok just getting the cheapest flight you can find, whichever airport it goes to.

ReputationRep:
    You can get a coach from East Midlands to Sheffield. Id agree Manchester airport to Sheffield is probably the easiest journey tho

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.