Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what section this belongs in... ad I have searched this, but there are so many problems to trawl through!

Anyway, basically I'm having a little bit of a spending spree on ebay.
    I bought 1 item this morning and decided to pay for it later (as I had a vocuher and was ging to get something more expensive later on) and 3 more this evening.

I was able to buy two of the item I bought this evening, but it won't let me pay for the others!

It keeps coming up with this message: "This card cannot be used for this transaction. You can complete the checkout with another debit or credit card. Please enter your new card information below."

This happened yesterday, too and I thought it was being difficult because I asked a seller to refund me so I could pay again but with a voucher this time and so got round it by using another card (but before it accepted the other card it came up with this message again! It sudenly acceptd when I tried again but that's not been the case today)

So does anyone know what's going on (I've already mailed them, but I'm asking you clever lot for speed, they could takeages to get back to me!).

p.s. my account balance is fine, I should have about £40 left, and what I'm trying to pay for comes to a total of about £25.

p.p.s. I can't use the other card again - it's my mum's and the money that's on there is needed to pay the bills etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    I assume that you're paying via Paypal (which will be a secure payment, etc.)? It certainly seems odd given that you've been able to pay successfully once. It might be worth making a quick call to your credit card company to check that they're not refusing the transaction for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it's just some kind of glitch, hopefully it will resolve itself soon.
    If not then it's up to eBay to sort it out or explain if you need to do something differently.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.