Do I say anything? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So there's this girl on my course at uni. We've been good friends for the past two years, but in the last few weeks I've been getting much stronger feelings for her. We haven't really been doing anything different, we went to Thorpe Park on Monday with a few other people but that's about it. I dunno what has brought it on but I was just wondering what you guys thought I should do: see if the feelings die down over the summer or meet up with her and tell her how I feel? I'm fairly certain she has absolutely no feelings for me but it's starting to bug me now and I think by at least telling her I can put myself at ease - but that might mean putting the friendship in danger and I don't want to do that. So er...help? Thanks
Jordan-Kirby
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So there's this girl on my course at uni. We've been good friends for the past two years, but in the last few weeks I've been getting much stronger feelings for her. We haven't really been doing anything different, we went to Thorpe Park on Monday with a few other people but that's about it. I dunno what has brought it on but I was just wondering what you guys thought I should do: see if the feelings die down over the summer or meet up with her and tell her how I feel? I'm fairly certain she has absolutely no feelings for me but it's starting to bug me now and I think by at least telling her I can put myself at ease - but that might mean putting the friendship in danger and I don't want to do that. So er...help? Thanks
I'd say if you really do like her, and it's starting to bug you like you say, then just go out with her somewhere and say that you like her. Do it at the right moment though, don't just blurt it.

I'm sure since you've been friends for two years, if she does say no then it shouldn't put your friendship in danger, just say that you find it okay and completely understand, and that you'd like to still be friends with her still as she will probably say to you if she does say no.

Good luck
BistoKid
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My advice would be to be patient and perhaps hold on in there for a few weeks, and maybe try and meet up and do things together a little more as friends only, and see how things go if you still have feelings maybe then you should tell her as if you do have feelings for her in a strong way it will always put your friendship in danger whether you tell her not as you will still feel it making you feel all the worse for it .
Hope this helps a bit

D.xx
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you like her as more than a friend, then tell her, you'll only regret it if you don't. You'll always be thinking 'what if'.
wolfspirit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hint around the subject jokily (sp?!) and if she doesn't look repulsed, take the plunge and tell her!
Anonymous #1
Thanks guys.

(Original post by BistoKid)
My advice would be to be patient and perhaps hold on in there for a few weeks, and maybe try and meet up and do things together a little more as friends only, and see how things go if you still have feelings maybe then you should tell her as if you do have feelings for her in a strong way it will always put your friendship in danger whether you tell her not as you will still feel it making you feel all the worse for it .
Hope this helps a bit

D.xx
The problem is, at this stage, I know I have feelings for her. It would be impossible to go out as 'just friends' because it will always be a little bit more than that in my mind. You are right about it putting the friendship at risk no matter which way I play it, though. I'd hate to leave it and be regretful if I technically have nothing to lose...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wolfspirit)
Hint around the subject jokily (sp?!) and if she doesn't look repulsed, take the plunge and tell her!
She'd smell it coming from a mile off :p:
BistoKid
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks guys.

The problem is, at this stage, I know I have feelings for her. It would be impossible to go out as 'just friends' because it will always be a little bit more than that in my mind. You are right about it putting the friendship at risk no matter which way I play it, though. I'd hate to leave it and be regretful if I technically have nothing to lose...

In that case I think you may have your answer

D.xx
wolfspirit
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She'd smell it coming from a mile off :p:
True :p: but it'll at least give her the opportunity to hint that she's not interested so the poor guy knows not to ask her out and save himself the awkwardness!
wolfspirit
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks guys.

I would hint and just see what she thinks, and then if she doesn't seem interested, hope it is just a crush. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.6%
No (440)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.8%

Watched Threads