How to not cry??? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have problems i want to talk to people about and whenever someone asks me to tell them whats wrong i am never able to speak because i know if the conversation starts i will end up crying.
Also when i argue i always feel like im going to start crying therefore i havent argued in ages or i always walk away from arguments but sometimes you need to argue and the crying prevents me from joining in a good argument does anyone have this problem?
How can you stop yourself from crying in these situations.......?
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm exactly like this. I end up crying when I'm frustrated about certain situations. It's the most embarrassing thing in the world, especially when you're sticking up for yourself and you just end up crumbling and looking like some hormonal weirdo.

I cry when people shout at me, I cry when I shout at people :rolleyes: Nothing that people suggested has ever worked for me. Although, one of my tutors at college reckons magnesium supplements are good to stop you from crying so much, I've never checked this with anyone ''in the know'' but it might be something to look into!
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hate it when it happens at school. Everyone pops in your face going 'what's wrong'.. it just makes it worse....
Fluffy Chuckie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have problems i want to talk to people about and whenever someone asks me to tell them whats wrong i am never able to speak because i know if the conversation starts i will end up crying.
Also when i argue i always feel like im going to start crying therefore i havent argued in ages or i always walk away from arguments but sometimes you need to argue and the crying prevents me from joining in a good argument does anyone have this problem?
How can you stop yourself from crying in these situations.......?
oh man i was speaking to my uncle about something that was upsetting me and i just burst into tears! i hated my self for that... i've always had tears of anger. one time in class this boy was peeing me off and all i wanted to do was punch him in his nose and run out the class, i kept having vision about doing it, but instead i just sat there holding in my anger and my tears had to represent my hate for the jerk! i didnt cry much but i kept crying more because i really wanted to smash his face into the table and then stamp on his head :stomp: !!!

ive learnt how to deal with it better though, try and think of something else! it works as well i just stare at the person and think of a cartoon character instead!
Floofy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you male or female OP? Its terribly annoying for girls, trying to stand up for ourselves/argue in a heated debate and the next thing you know your voice starts wobbling! Makes us look even more like emotional hurricanes =/.

I know a guy thats like that too.
Lilrascal19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you need to cry... You should just let it out.

You may look a tad retarded if your in a full blown shouting match with someone....Then you stop to cry.... And then continue on with the argument:rolleyes: lol. But heyy it doesn't matter.

I use to be like this, especially when I got into arguements with my sister or my brother, they just wound me up soooo much, but now when I'm in a situation with them, or anyone else for that matter, I'll just argue. If I feel like I'm about to cry with anger, I just tell myself I need to breathe...I then breathe and just continue... Sounds weird I know, but it really does work for me
JessyB123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
I'm exactly like this. I end up crying when I'm frustrated about certain situations. It's the most embarrassing thing in the world, especially when you're sticking up for yourself and you just end up crumbling and looking like some hormonal weirdo.

I cry when people shout at me, I cry when I shout at people :rolleyes: Nothing that people suggested has ever worked for me. Although, one of my tutors at college reckons magnesium supplements are good to stop you from crying so much, I've never checked this with anyone ''in the know'' but it might be something to look into!
I do this too >.<, i thought it was just me being overemotional xD, i got bullied alot about it too which didnt help.
I agree it is embarassing sucks big time!
deathbeforeimmortality
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Think about something else.

Honestly I go through the same thing. At every therapy session we kind of talk about something that kind of hurts and I get kind of tear eyed but not too much, I try really hard to fight back tears,.
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Happy thoughts. :fluffy: Just think of the good things in life and stay strong. :dumbells:
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I haven't cried in years, literally. Probably not since I was in my early teens. Thank you, emotional suppression!
Alexandra289
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm exactly the same! And most of the time it's not because I'm sad - but really frustrated or embarrassed or just unsure how to react so I get a big lump in my throat and start to cry. I reallllly hate it because it makes me look so weak. Also it looks like attention seeking but I hate people seeing me cry/get upset.

I would love to see how people stop themselves crying.
Doyle&TheFourFathers
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
when you feel like crying, shout "GOOD I WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN" then try your best to laugh.
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You know what, I am the exact same! I cry for anything! Angry, really happy, really sad, any emotional film, happy ending, sad ending, some romantic kiss...and I just weep! It's pretty awful really! It does show me up as properly weak. I could be in an argument, and I'm in the right, and I can feel myself welling up! People usually take that as a sign that I'm losing the argument, or that I am wrong, but genuinely NO!
Maudie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)

I have the exact same thing, I didn't realise there were supplements for it! I always try and yawn when it starts coming as if it's an excuse for the crying - I know it's not but what can you do, eh :/
Alphacynic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
its quite easy. just care about absolutely nothing in your life. you lose the incentive TO cry. That said, quite difficult to relate to other people too : /
Youll feel better if you cry anyway : )
d0mz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you don't want to cry then just don't cry. Be in control of your emotions. If need be, supress them.
I hate it when women cry at everything, its retarded.
JessyB123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by d0mz)
If you don't want to cry then just don't cry. Be in control of your emotions. If need be, supress them.
I hate it when women cry at everything, its retarded.
Personally I used to suppress them and it made things worse but thats just me .
beckyl92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm the same!
lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
I hate it when it happens at school. Everyone pops in your face going 'what's wrong'.. it just makes it worse....
Lol true dis..

When I'm on the edge of tears (rare) and someone asks 'what's up' I feel like bursting into a sob and embracing them screaming 'SOMEONE CARES FOR ME! I AM NOT TOTALLY ALONE IN THIS CRUEL WORLD!'

I'm so lame
Jaz.K
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've been like that before, especially when I'm angry or trying to make a point in an arguement...I just tend to cry when I'm upset anyway but when I'm angry?? It kind of gets rid of the anger and I feel stupid. I always ask myself, why the hell am I crying??? I can't control it sometimes

Although I'm glad it's not just me hehe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.94%
No (697)
73.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise