what master degree can I apply with a 2:2?

Watch
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OP: look at courses you find interesting and appealing and then contact the departments, explaining your results and asking whether you'd still have a chance. I got a 2.2 due to medical problems and though both the courses I'm most interested in require a minimum of a good 2.1, both said they'd still consider my application and I actually got asked to come for an interview by one uni without even having submitted my application, just the written work! So you never know. Good luck anyway
Eubacterium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tarutaru)

Dude, you are saying you are applying for finance courses right? I can swear to god you won't be able to get into universities like Durham, Manchester, Leeds whatsoever...

forget about the advice given by the musicology student, the competitiveness of getting into a MA Music (or whatever) is totally uncomparable to getting into a MSc Finance or related subjects...
wow that's a first!

It's microbiology, not musicology! No one I've met mixed those up and half don't even know what microbiology is! But they can read.

Advice from someone who can not read properly can not be taken seriously. You talk about Manchester, what you know about university? You clearly never been to one.

Edit: Just checked the age of the guy in case he was just some silly 13 year old. No he's 24!

Once you get to that age and are still so ignorant, you're a lost cause.....
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Eubacterium)
wow that's a first!

It's microbiology, not musicology! No one I've met mixed those up and half don't even know what microbiology is! But they can read.
:rofl:
Tarutaru
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Eubacterium)
wow that's a first!

Advice from someone who can not read properly can not be taken seriously. You talk about Manchester, what you know about university? You clearly never been to one.

Edit: Just checked the age of the guy in case he was just some silly 13 year old. No he's 24!

Once you get to that age and are still so ignorant, you're a lost cause.....
Oh, yes, you are right. My apology. I was reading too fast... Mistaking between musicology and microbiology...

And you are also right, I have no knowledge about Manchester as I never have a chance to attend a university like Manchester

Oops, mistake again... I should say I am lucky I am not privileged enough to have such grades and attend a university like Manchester XD
DanielleCooper6
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
If you couldn't get a 2:1 at UCL what makes you think you could handle an MSc course at a good uni. This is exactly what the admission guy is going to think. How did you do in your econometric modules?
The person may have had personal issues at the time of the bachelors degree which are now resolved
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15%
I'm not sure (14)
3.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (142)
33.81%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.43%
I'm not a current university student (195)
46.43%

Watched Threads