Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    any help/info you could give me would be great - thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Blake, but am investigating Keats to broaden my ideas on Romantic poetry - mm find him quite exaggerated. Immersion with nature, expansion of imagination r not rlly my kind of thing :0. Just get an a2 revision book like York notes - should cover it fairly well. It may also help if you do not do classics 2 look up what the Gods r he mentions. Reading it out loud is also easier - if i remember a lot of his poems r heroic couplets? c.f neo-classical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyrotec)
    I am doing Blake, but am investigating Keats to broaden my ideas on Romantic poetry - mm find him quite exaggerated. Immersion with nature, expansion of imagination r not rlly my kind of thing :0. Just get an a2 revision book like York notes - should cover it fairly well. It may also help if you do not do classics 2 look up what the Gods r he mentions. Reading it out loud is also easier - if i remember a lot of his poems r heroic couplets? c.f neo-classical?

thanks - we were supposed to do Blake but our teacher left. What else are you doing? I'm doing Othello

ReputationRep:
    Aye I am studyin Othello 2 - Our teacher left coincidence or what , and we had already started a Women Romantics Anthology - thx god we ended that ! V tedious, and not particularly well written Othello we stopped at A3S3 so I cannot really discuss it for 1-2 months. Other than that Gatsby c.f Howards End and War Synopsis

ReputationRep:
    no im doing blake...rather do keats though or the womens anthology that looked a lot more interesting! also doing othello...bit worried about the war synoptic paper thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyrotec)
    Aye I am studyin Othello 2 - Our teacher left coincidence or what , and we had already started a Women Romantics Anthology - thx god we ended that ! V tedious, and not particularly well written Othello we stopped at A3S3 so I cannot really discuss it for 1-2 months. Other than that Gatsby c.f Howards End and War Synopsis
    we haven't even started the synoptic yet. what are you doing for coursework?

ReputationRep:
    Gatsby cf Howards End - on money!

ReputationRep:
    Doing Keats. Crazy Pantheist that he is. Isabella & the pot of basil was a truly awful poem, one of his earlier ones and the only one we've studied so far. I've flicked ahead and he gets better...thankfully. Anything is better than Snow Falling On Cedars...so much of that book is unneccessary! I really love Othello though, I'm so glad we're doing it this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hades)
    Doing Keats. I really love Othello though, I'm so glad we're doing it this year
    I'm doing keats, othello and war poetry for aqa. I had the keats and othello mock a week ago, it was terrible! I agree othello is great, it's better than hamlet, which we studied last year, which was so depressing, and i was always made to read hamlet's speech!! Not fair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hades)
    Doing Keats. Crazy Pantheist that he is. Isabella & the pot of basil was a truly awful poem, one of his earlier ones and the only one we've studied so far. I've flicked ahead and he gets better...thankfully. Anything is better than Snow Falling On Cedars...so much of that book is unneccessary! I really love Othello though, I'm so glad we're doing it this year
    wow - i've done exactly the same as you - i hated snow falling on cedars too

ReputationRep:
    "othello better than hamlet" ???!!! hmmm. the effect of too much uk learning, learning in the uk, modular exams methinks. having to have opinions in all these modules really makes us quite Careless. how dare you have such a dowdy opinion about shakespeare, you patrician prat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I'm doing keats, othello and war poetry for aqa. I had the keats and othello mock a week ago, it was terrible! I agree othello is great, it's better than hamlet, which we studied last year, which was so depressing, and i was always made to read hamlet's speech!! Not fair!
    am doin the same ones as you! i have to say, Keats is not my favourite topic this yr...find the war texts much more intresting and emotive! ... loving othello though!
    the keats york notes is good...and also...
    http://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/keats/
    it mainly analyses the odes...fairly basic but makes them more understandable and manageable!
    hope it helps
    xxx

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.