" The Lib Dems - don't we as students owe it to ourselves to vote for them in the nex Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Come on - this is a call to arms - we gotta get Blair out of office by the nxt election and we have the voting power to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Come on - this is a call to arms - we gotta get Blair out of office by the nxt election and we have the voting power to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't!

Wrong subforum too, lol, should really be in the Main one.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree, but we surely should be voting Tory rather than lib. dem? :rolleyes:
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
I agree, but we surely should be voting Tory rather than lib. dem? :rolleyes:
Not sure about Howard yet. And anyway the Tories are attacking Blair govt. over reasons for war when they themselves were so in favour of Iraq invasion. Lib Dems on the other hand opposed the war and are offering free uni education
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
I agree, but we surely should be voting Tory rather than lib. dem?
The thought of Count Dracula ruling the UK is scary. :eek:
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The lib dems are stupid though ,so when you get your degree and stat earning money you will be worse off as the higher income rate band will be 50%
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
The thought of Count Dracula ruling the UK is scary. :eek:
I agree mate
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by JSM)
The lib dems are stupid though ,so when you get your degree and stat earning money you will be worse off as the higher income rate band will be 50%
What do u mean?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What do u mean?
the higher income tax band will be 50%, abn smacking of children - a pointless law and otehr ****. Do you want a scottish pm.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Lib dems can promise whatever they want because they know that as it stands they will never have to deliver. They are very much the third party so they can pretty much say whatever they like. It would be interesting to see whether they would do any of it in practise.
I certainly wouldnt vote for them.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by JSM)
the higher income tax band will be 50%, abn smacking of children - a pointless law and otehr ****. Do you want a scottish pm.
We have one now and after the Hutton report we'll have another one when Brown takes over from Blair
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
The Lib dems can promise whatever they want because they know that as it stands they will never have to deliver. They are very much the third party so they can pretty much say whatever they like. It would be interesting to see whether they would do any of it in practise.
at my student politics conference the first thing charles kennedy said was that he would legalise cannabis.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
at my student politics conference the first thing charles kennedy said was that he would legalise cannabis.
Hes not going for the popularity vote at all there then
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
Scotland is doing alright now - and would you continue with this crappy Labour government or would you prefer the economic/financial incompetence of the Tories who landed us in a recession which kicked every entrepreneur in the teeth. Really it is time for a change like in 1997 when the lying Labour govt. came in. They are already going back on a 2001 manifesto promise of No TOP UP FEES
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Scotland is doing alright now - and would you continue with this crappy Labour government or would you prefer the economic/financial incompetence of the Tories who landed us in a recession which kicked every entrepreneur in the teeth. Really it is time for a change like in 1997 when the lying Labour govt. came in. They are already going back on a 2001 manifesto promise of No TOP UP FEES
um the government is doing so well because of conservative spending policies
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by JSM)
But he said that so he could tax it heavily - legalising it would make it a govt. controlled commodity like cigs and booze. Ergo the money needed to carry through promises. Anyway any students on weed will develop scizophrenia and dont deserve their parents money to go into uni in the first place
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Actually, although I'm not a Tory, it's worth pointing out that the 'incompetent Tories' managed to get the economy back to a stage where it was recovering; the effects of this were being felt just after Labour came in and they surfed that one for a while, claiming responsibility for the health of the economy :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd be happy to be rid of the lot of them. I wish there were someone different and yet capable of running this country: all the political parties are either samey (ie all corrupt and aiming for the ame 'votewinning policies') or naive. Humph.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But he said that so he could tax it heavily - legalising it would make it a govt. controlled commodity like cigs and booze. Ergo the money needed to carry through promises. Anyway any students on weed will develop scizophrenia and dont deserve their parents money to go into uni in the first place
er no, he said he would decriminalise it becasue there was nothing wrong with it. and did you study Greek civilisation or classical civilisations. Everyone in my pol set (or the maj) say that they would vote liberal or Green and cannot justify their proposals.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by JSM)
er no, he said he would decriminalise it becasue there was nothing wrong with it. and did you study Greek civilisation or classical civilisations. Everyone in my pol set (or the maj) say that they would vote liberal or Green and cannot justify their proposals.
I studied the former - the doss subject as it were. Well the reason Libs can't justify is because the lack of media coverage of their policies. Also did you know that more people in this country vote Lib Dem than the Labour but that the representation means Labour will be in power instead.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I've read their manifesto and I wait with bated breath for them to release their proposed funding plans which they are supposed to be publishing at some point before the next general election because its seems unrealistic to me.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (542)
66.5%
No (273)
33.5%

Watched Threads