" The Lib Dems - don't we as students owe it to ourselves to vote for them in the nex Watch

This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
I take your point but I am not on anything thank you. Why havent we taken control of the situation in Zimbabwe yet - Mugabe is a madman threatening the lives of much of Africa because they produce so much food for the rest and are currently unable to do so with the crap farmers who are Mug friends and cronies - i'll tell you why - it isnt strategically important enough - dont tell me that the basis for all these wars was one of compassion and sympathy - or else Zimbabwe would have been dealt with long before especially considering the considerable ex-pat community out there
we havent invaded zimbabwe because there is nothing important there - yes

however, it is also to do with other black african leaders - south african, for example who are blocking all action we attempt to make throught the commonwealth. Although, you do not know what a conservative governmetn would do on that count. I never said it was comppassion, although the falklands was about national pride, we could have relocated the population there and given them thousands of pounds each and it would have been cheaper. ex-pat has got nothing to do with us- we dont protect australia. although i partially concede these points.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And anyway we should give Lib Dems a chance because they won't get involved in costly wars and would be inheriting a sound economic situation. What is the worst that they could do - their ideas are radical and might be just what we need to give this country a jump-start - and if they are poor administrators a vote of no confidence would have them out in a jiffy
lib dems should invade some countries though, iraq deserved it, so does zimbabwe. they inherit a sound economic situation of conservative spending policies and woyuld muck it up by changing the income tax graduation and a super tax meaning that most high earners (above 100,000) would leave teh country, or do more tax evasion - consequently losing money for the government.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
lib dems should invade some countries though, iraq deserved it, so does zimbabwe. they inherit a sound economic situation of conservative spending policies and woyuld muck it up by changing the income tax graduation and a super tax meaning that most high earners (above 100,000) would leave teh country, or do more tax evasion - consequently losing money for the government.
Good it would mean less prats strutting around in central london looking for what to wear to the next dinner party - honestly this would be a fairer system - and who would want to move away for tax purposes - they are making enough money to maintain a good lifestyle - also how long before not enough space in Monaco to take anymore tax evaders
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good it would mean less prats strutting around in central london looking for what to wear to the next dinner party - honestly this would be a fairer system - and who would want to move away for tax purposes - they are making enough money to maintain a good lifestyle - also how long before not enough space in Monaco to take anymore tax evaders
no they jsut move to america and therefore big business follows and we lose the financial markets of central london.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
no they jsut move to america and therefore big business follows and we lose the financial markets of central london.
Hey we could become isolationist - that would be cool - then illegal immigration might fall too lol. No i do take your point - but we're already losing call centre jobs to better trained Indian employees - this is a floodgate waiting to burst which we can only prevent by making tax concessions to big business but charging fat cats the earth on their incomes
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey we could become isolationist - that would be cool - then illegal immigration might fall too lol. No i do take your point - but we're already losing call centre jobs to better trained Indian employees - this is a floodgate waiting to burst which we can only prevent by making tax concessions to big business but charging fat cats the earth on their incomes
do we want to keep call centre jobs? we wont be able to compete, the same with manufacturing jobs. Everyone/majority should move towards services industry.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (385)
67.07%
No (189)
32.93%

Watched Threads