Has any1?...

Write back

Luv
*Riz*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well done for having the guts to study it at uni The idea of alone gives me nightmares and brings back bad memories of AS Chemsitry (partly due to the work set by a certain teacher I might add)
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have but you know i have, any way i applied for chem at durham, warwick leeds and york, i have got offers of BBB, BBB, BBC, BBC respectivly and am hoping to go to warwick or durham and almost devote my life to chemistry
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
I have but you know i have, any way i applied for chem at durham, warwick leeds and york, i have got offers of BBB, BBB, BBC, BBC respectivly and am hoping to go to warwick or durham and almost devote my life to chemistry
Looks like its only me and you oli!

Speak to you soon
Kuz
Rep:
?
Now I'm absolutly positive that there is more than just 2 of us who have applied to study it next year!?!
lexy_matten
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Now I'm absolutly positive that there is more than just 2 of us who have applied to study it next year!?!
hmm i had this problem as well! I havent applied, thinking of applying to do chemical engineering nxt year but couldnt find ne1!
lexy_matten
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lexy_matten)
hmm i had this problem as well! I havent applied, thinking of applying to do chemical engineering nxt year but couldnt find ne1!
i take it back, got round to reading the thread i started!!!!!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A girl I know in my chemistry class has applied to do Chemistry. The only place I know of that shes applied is York, offer of CCC
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Looks like its only me and you oli!
(Raises hand) I've applied to read chemistry!

It's not a popular degree course; I read in the paper that more people apply to do sports science than for chemistry and physics combined.

J.
sili-Kate
Report 16 years ago
Im at York doing Chemistry now in my first year! dont worry there will be others there are 114 in my year! its a great course and i think you should consider York for first choice!
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know someone doing chem, she's got offers from Imperial, York, Newcastle and Bristol so far. Imperial was the highest AAB.

As for chem engineering, I know two people for that. One's going to Trinity College Cambridge and the other one's either Bristol or Nottingham.
Kuz
Rep:
?
See I knew there was more than just 3 of us!

Anymore??
princess-renamed
Report 16 years ago
hahaha a chemistry DEGREE thats funny
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by princess)
Nitrous oxide - now that's funny.

J.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by princess)
I bet you wanna do sumthing useful like media dont u, now thats funny
Caz1986
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Has any1?...

Write back

Luv
I'm going to do a major/minor degee at birmingham uni, in chemistry with pharmacology.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Caz1986)
I'm going to do a major/minor degee at birmingham uni, in chemistry with pharmacology.
Why not chemistry on its own?
Caz1986
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Why not chemistry on its own?
I enjoy both subjects and this way I can study them both plus i want to get into the pharmaceutical industry
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Caz1986)
I enjoy both subjects and this way I can study them both plus i want to get into the pharmaceutical industry
You can do that with a straight chemistry degree.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
You can do that with a straight chemistry degree.
Or a pharmacy degree? or lots of places do medicinal chem specifically aimed at pharmacuticals
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads