The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
worker13
I think the new one is already out. I'm about to order it.:smile:

It is?? Silly me :o: Oh well, no harm in ordering it now, I'll have a look :smile:
Reply 61
worker13
Some of the best advice I have gotten regarding the BMAT. Pure and simple. Your BMAT is amazing by the way. I heard it's better to get slightly below the S1 cut off then slightly below the S2 cut off. Impy are S2 whores apparantly. But if I just get an interview, I know I can impress them.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Not at all, they are anal about all three sections. If you get below the cut-off for any one of the three sections they won't be happy :p: That said, don't worry if your science section is the weakest compared to the other two, as it won't matter!
Reply 62
Sanjetti
Not at all, they are anal about all three sections. If you get below the cut-off for any one of the three sections they won't be happy :p: That said, don't worry if your science section is the weakest compared to the other two, as it won't matter!

Oh, ok. How do you know so much about admin?:confused:
Reply 63
worker13
Oh, ok. How do you know so much about admin?:confused:

Haha the result of months of research into admissions processes :p:
Reply 64
Sanjetti

lol. Guess that got you into Imperial.
I would so love to go there. It's my number one choice and it has been since year 10.
Reply 65
I'm applying!!
Reply 66
In you PS, have you put in the first paragraph what first made you want to do medicine and then how long have you been interested ?

I always thought that that was the trap that people fell into writing, and Universities don't like it, however, my Personal Tutor in college has told me I need to write more about that in mine and I'm a bit apprehensive about doing so :/
Reply 67
kayla:)
In you PS, have you put in the first paragraph what first made you want to do medicine and then how long have you been interested ?

I always thought that that was the trap that people fell into writing, and Universities don't like it, however, my Personal Tutor in college has told me I need to write more about that in mine and I'm a bit apprehensive about doing so :/

I talked about why I wanted to do Medicine in my first paragraph, as I'm sure most people have done, but I didn't mention how long I've been interested in it. Did you jump straight into work experience or something? I think it's best to explain why you want to do Medicine at the start as it sort of sets the tone for the rest of the PS. :dontknow: Your choice though.
Reply 68
Narik
I talked about why I wanted to do Medicine in my first paragraph, as I'm sure most people have done, but I didn't mention how long I've been interested in it. Did you jump straight into work experience or something? I think it's best to explain why you want to do Medicine at the start as it sort of sets the tone for the rest of the PS. :dontknow: Your choice though.

I started off by saying what the study of medicine is, and why I find it interesting, but not why I want to actually study it. So I've got in there kinda what Medicine is, and then saying that that is why I'm interested, but my teacher wants me to put more. I've not really got a main reason why I want to do medicine though, It's something that was suggested to me, I researched it and liked it, simples :P
Reply 69
Sanjetti

ha i see u on TSR now!! how's it going mate? got my UKCAT yesterday and changed all my choices pretty much....:smile:
Reply 70
zzj166
ha i see u on TSR now!! how's it going mate? got my UKCAT yesterday and changed all my choices pretty much....:smile:

Haha yeah I noticed as well. I might as well reply to your PM on here :p: That is an amazing UKCAT score. I'd definitely make full use of it- have you considered Bart's instead of Southampton? Because Soton don't really look at UKCAT in the first place!
Reply 71
Sanjetti
Haha yeah I noticed as well. I might as well reply to your PM on here :p: That is an amazing UKCAT score. I'd definitely make full use of it- have you considered Bart's instead of Southampton? Because Soton don't really look at UKCAT in the first place!

ummm....I thought Bart's interviews are quite tricky? Also I am an international so would it be wise to apply to three London schools (cos seemingly London schools for overseas medics are like Oxbridge)

god I hope I can get an offer from Imperial....XD
Reply 72
does imperial college require a good score in the ukcat exam?
if they do then bye bye imperial :frown:
Reply 73
chubcsy

only for grads
Reply 74
chubcsy

Have you done any research at all about ICL?? :rolleyes:
If you would have you might know that they don't even use the UKCAT to start off with, so that's the least of your worries. I'd focus on doing a nice little Google search on their entry requirements and course before considering applying there otherwise you'll not only prove to be extremely foolish but also waste a choice on your UCAS form.
Reply 75
Andrii
If you would have you might know that they don't even use the UKCAT to start off with, so that's the least of your worries. I'd focus on doing a nice little Google search on their entry requirements and course before considering applying there otherwise you'll not only prove to be extremely foolish but also waste a choice on your UCAS form.

have u done any research, they DO use UKCAT for grad entry! maybe thats what their asking for...
Reply 76
Mickyy
have u done any research, they DO use UKCAT for grad entry! maybe thats what their asking for...

Apologies. This has so far been a *predominantely* school leaver dominated thread so I overlooked the graduate entry, especially as it wasn't specified in the post.
I'm not usually this snappy, promise :o:
Reply 77
Andrii

I met all the entry requirements but when i read this forum I was shock to find out that many students took ukcat!! i dint realise it was for grad students only. MY BADDD! and thanks very much !!:smile:
I can apply to imperial once again :yep:
Reply 78
chubcsy
I met all the entry requirements but when i read this forum I was shock to find out that many students took ukcat!! i dint realise it was for grad students only. MY BADDD! and thanks very much !!:smile:
I can apply to imperial once again :yep:

No problem!& I apologise for sounding a bit mean in my post, was having a bad day!:o:

Good luck with your application! :smile:
I'm innnnn :smile:

Just wondering if people have mentioned their A level subjects and why they chose them/why they are useful for medicine in their PS? I was told to do this by my tutor, but have had to cut it out because I ran out of characters :frown:

Thanks! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending