The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The person who comes to mind is my father, but that is not to say he is necessarily the most educated person I have ever met. He's educated up to PhD level and is a professor.

Nothing exciting about that, but you did ask.
I reckon they might have done a combined studies degree?

Professor Martin Durrell, my academic idol and all round cool dude.
Reply 3
Bedshaped
I remember at school my science teacher claimed to have a degree in psychology, chemistry and law. I don't quite understand why he's a science teacher if he has three degrees, but each to their own eh?

Who's the most educated (define as you want) person you have ever met? What is their current occupation?

Maybe he got them from London Met?
Reply 4
wouldn't the obvious answers be a teacher, doctor or parents?
Reply 5
Probably Professor Andrea Sella At UCL. He's on TV and in my Chemistry World magazine !
Reply 6
My PhD supervisors.
S.R
Maybe he got them from London Met?

A degree is a degree, regardless where you received it from.
Reply 8
Wouldn't say necessarily most educated, but a couple of teachers are just crazy. I think we've got one super intelligent dude who worked for NASA and one guy who worked for the military and then for the big banks in Central London or something, earning the megabucks, who decided they wanted to teach :s-smilie:
Both doctorates btw, first is a maths teacher and the second is physics, but not even heads of department :eek3:
Reply 9
vitamortis
A degree is a degree, regardless where you received it from.

Keep telling yourself that. Ignore the London Met grad-Costa Coffee employee correlation.
Reply 10
My former A-Level History teacher attended Cambridge, Bangor and several other institutions, and is by far the most terrifyingly intelligent person I've ever had the privilege of being ritually humiliated by.
I would probably say my mum's boyfriend. He has a BSc in Biochemistry, MSc from UC Berkeley and a PhD in Microbiology. He was also a lecturer and associate Microbiology professor at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. But he gave up research, and now teaches English at a local college here in London. :rofl:
S.R
Keep telling yourself that.

I shall.
Reply 13
John Virgo.
My head of year - English degree at Oxford, seriously intelligent dude.
Reply 15
Aesc
Wouldn't say necessarily most educated, but a couple of teachers are just crazy. I think we've got one super intelligent dude who worked for NASA and one guy who worked for the military and then for the big banks in Central London or something, earning the megabucks, who decided they wanted to teach :s-smilie:
Both doctorates btw, first is a maths teacher and the second is physics, but not even heads of department :eek3:

Do you reckon it's because they have enough money and now just want to sit back and enjoy it, whilst having a dayjob?

My economics teacher at school used to work for a massive investment bank and then gave up his job to teach because he wanted to "help the community" (dont' know whether to believe that or not)
My cousin did Computer Science at Warwick, a Masters in Artificial Intelligence (:lolwut:) at Edinburgh and a PhD (don't know what in) at Oxford. He works as a Computational Biologist for Pfizer.
My organic Tutor. PHD in chemistry and was a professor but is now retired. He would literally look at spectra for a few minutes and be able to deduce the structure of the molecule. He also discovered a new molecule/reaction while he was an undergrad! Amazing man :yep:
Reply 18
TuckingFypo™
My cousin did Computer Science at Warwick, a Masters in Artificial Intelligence (:lolwut:) at Edinburgh and a PhD (don't know what in) at Oxford. He works as a Computational Biologist for Pfizer.

What on heavens earth is a computational biologist? Any idea how much he earns?

Latest

Trending

Trending