This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Where is the best place in the world you have been and why?
Mine has to be California - San Francisco - has anyone been on Ken's Cruiser? and L.A. (Universal Studios and the Chinese Theatre) I loved them both!
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Mine has to be California - San Fransisco - has anyone been on Ken's Cruiser? and L.A. (Universal Studios and the Chinese Theatre) I loved them both!

China! it was amazing...lots of people fussing over me, huge holiday (over 2 months) lots of food, gorgeous ice cream, very hot and got serverely tanned, actually more burnt than anything. and the sea sides were amazing!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mine has to be California - San Fransisco - has anyone been on Ken's Cruiser? and L.A. (Universal Studios and the Chinese Theatre) I loved them both!
i really enjoyed california when i visted, but my personal faourite place is Italy- i just love the food, the language, the people, the temperature and the entire culture. I love the way that Florence and Venice are such unique cities, and Rome is fairly similar to every other big city, but then has these little touches that only the Italians can do. I could just never get bored of the place.

lou xxx
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Iceland, sitting on the top of a hill, snow covered looking along a frozen river that seemed to still be gently flowing in parts, through a gap in the hillside toward a glacier. The sun was setting, and I sat and wrote till it was dark.

That was perfection.
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Iceland, sitting on the top of a hill, snow covered looking along a frozen river that seemed to still be gently flowing in parts, through a gap in the hillside toward a glacier. The sun was setting, and I sat and wrote till it was dark.

That was perfection.
wow...sounds amazing
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by white_solitude)
wow...sounds amazing
Indeed it was, and I wrote one of my favourite poems while I was sitting there. We were in the middle of nowhere, this small hotel inadmist nature, if only I could go back.
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by lou p lou)
i really enjoyed california when i visted, but my personal faourite place is Italy- i just love the food, the language, the people, the temperature and the entire culture. I love the way that Florence and Venice are such unique cities, and Rome is fairly similar to every other big city, but then has these little touches that only the Italians can do. I could just never get bored of the place.

lou xxx
Yeah Italy was good. Rome especially - shame about the pick-pockets though - we lost £300 cash and all my mum's credit cards. Turned out well in the end though - i got to spend 2 hours in the metro station with the FITTEST italian security guard and my mum got her cards back
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Australia, NYC and Canada. Unforgettable memories...
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Indeed it was, and I wrote one of my favourite poems while I was sitting there. We were in the middle of nowhere, this small hotel inadmist nature, if only I could go back.
i got that feeling when i went skiing, i woke early and went onto that balcony and looked out and it was just absalute silence. a whole week of being able to escape liek that- even if it was for only 5 minutes at a time- made me totally re-assess certain parts of my life. it is a truly unique experience that i think everyone should have the chance to appreciate in some form. sometimes you just need it.

lou xxx
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah i really enjoyed my holiday too...just the thought of freedom, no more work and just days to relax, the atmosphere was so good! don't u think its great we have all these great memories?
TK
Rep:
?
Norway aswell - that was brilliant - we had our own litle log cabin in the snow last christmas - perfect
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i got that feeling when i went skiing, i woke early and went onto that balcony and looked out and it was just absalute silence. a whole week of being able to escape liek that- even if it was for only 5 minutes at a time- made me totally re-assess certain parts of my life. it is a truly unique experience that i think everyone should have the chance to appreciate in some form. sometimes you just need it.

lou xxx
I'm weighing up going skiing against going somewhere hot for a few weeks. Quite a difficult decision! Time for lots of self-reflection when you're skiing, I suppose.
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
I'm weighing up going skiing against going somewhere hot for a few weeks. Quite a difficult decision! Time for lots of self-reflection when you're skiing, I suppose.

i'd go for somewhere hot...i can't stand the cold, but then skiing sounds pretty kool
TK
Rep:
?
i'd go skiing - there's nothing else like it
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Both are horrible, unless one of them is not very touristy?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
myne has to be canada....beautiful!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
solution- go skiing in the sun. you get the best tan ever in the snow + last year i didn't see a single cloud (well actually there was this little pathetic whisp on the last day), btu it snowed at night. best conditions i've ever been in. but i've never had a skiing holiday where i havem't coem back a bit brown (although i did have one that was blizzrdy for a couple of days which can be nasty if you lose your confidence).

i've just come back form the canary islands and i've decided i want a bit of winter sun every year! although next year i'll be having a really cold christmas with my brother in america.

lou xxx
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
myne has to be canada....beautiful!
*nods* agree...i went to canada a couple of years ago, truly beautiful and niagra falls! breathtaking
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm sticking to my guns here people.....OZ is THE best place in the world.....the sounds of da bush, the sun! Any1 from England? Remember sun?......ahhh......a distant memory
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Both are horrible, unless one of them is not very touristy?
yeah, you have to choose your ski resort carefully. there's nothing worse than a busy resot full of 5 year olds whizzing past you and rubbish slopes. you need to be able to hear absalute silence and feel like you have the entire alps to yourself to get that kind of contemplative experience.

lou xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads