Girls - how much to your ribs stick out when you lie down?

Watch this thread
danny111
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
I don't get it.

The picture is wierd. Is that your boob? Where is your arm?
RabbitCFH
Badges: 20
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by THRASHx)
I actually find it quite hot (not anorexic but so you can see rib a bit). And hipbones too :mmm:
Same here. :teehee:
Best Superlative
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Is this really as normal as people say? Don't want to belittle the OP's confidence, but that looks like a body fresh out of Belsen or something. :/ Is she standing vertical though, or is this a photo of her laying supine rotated?
S.R
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Who cares?
toasteh
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Happens to me and I am by no means thin.
EskimoJo
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
My ribs show when I lie down, stretch or take a deep breath and my ASIS sticks out all the time. I think it's normal in girls. The muscles at the front of the body aren't particularly large/thick and it's hardly the first place you store fat.
As for the person who said they stopped seeing theirs when they started developing curves, my friends with curves still have their ribs showing when lying down. :dontknow:
doleful
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
my ribs (and hipbones) stick out too. but I don't really care about that, to be honest. and I'm slim, but not extremely skinny... my doctor says that it's because the ribcage is at a slightly different angle (it's going more like that / , and most people have it like that | ... okay, not exactly, but you get the idea ). it might cause problems, though, with lungs, heart, and especially your back. but that's only in extreme cases. there's nothing to do about it, I guess... you could gain some weight so your ribs wouldn't stick out, if you wish.
(though my doctor reassured me that this 'problem' will disappear once I get pregnant, so if you're really desperate you could try that )
aeterno
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Yep, I get that too...not as extreme as the picture though but I know what you mean :p:
elvenstorm
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I'm like that, I'm not under weight anything but you can clearly see my ribs when lying down, they're quite prominant. I think it's fairly natural
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
I think some pics are needed to compare :awesome:
lacelicker
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
when I lie down my ribcage is quite prominent but the actual ribs aren't particularly . and when I stand up my rib cage isn't very prominent at all (just a slight dip at the bottom of it)
StarsAreFixed
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Not as bad as that...and I am about 8kg underweight.
ThisisNotAdonis
Report 11 years ago
non-fat people show ribs.
Allergic to Logic
Report 11 years ago
When I lie down my ribs do stick out a little, but not that much. (Also the picture is freakishly thin, I hope you're not as thin as that!)

I think it's totaly normal, chillax it's cool.
Tashalls
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
yup mine do too
Jessaay!
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Mine stick out a lot even though I'm nowhere near underweight, in fact when I stand up my stomach isn't even flat. It looks weird, you could almost count my ribs and my hipbones stick out as well. I think it looks ridiculously unattractive but it's obviously just the way my body is. I would have to put on several stone for them to not show.

I was just wondering if anyone else is like this?

They are pretty much like this (only when lying down though)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...03464069-1.jpg
Mine stick out a little, not quite that much, but they always have. Hip bones too.

It's just natural for some girls! especially when you haven't eaten for a few hours and your stomach won't be distended. It has become less obvious for me since I started going to the gym more often so I think it might be a sign of underdeveloped abdominal muscles perhaps. If you don't like it maybe consider the gym! it's nothing to worry about though, no guy has ever been put off me when they see it, though generally they must have already been attracted to my figure anyway, I'm quite slim as it is, so perhaps they like that sort of thing.
PotatoLlama64
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
My ribs are the same. They look like a kerb gone wrong or a cliff to my stomach :/ xx
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PotatoLlama64)
My ribs are the same. They look like a kerb gone wrong or a cliff to my stomach :/ xx
ty for reviving this long dead thread :moon:
User1674917
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You cant see my ribs ? I think you have weight issues? Hip bones you can though.
Anonymous #3
Report 5 years ago
I'm finding this hard to imagine.. I'm at the bottom end of healthy weight and my ribs don't stick out as much as shown in the photo but you're slightly overweight and it does?? :confused:
Maybe it's not as bad as you imagine? :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.73%
Not yet, but I will soon (68)
18.43%
No (147)
39.84%

Watched Threads