not yet but i want to, heard it is a good movie
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
not yet but i want to, heard it is a good movie
Yeah. Chihiro is really sweet, I want a picture of her for my wall, the cutest eyes.

http://la.pierre.free.fr/img/litt/chihiro.jpg
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes I have, in Japanese.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have and it's one of the best films I have ever seen. It was quite wierd at first though since it's set in a fantasy world but overall, it was beautiful.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
I have and it's one of the best films I have ever seen. It was quite wierd at first though since it's set in a fantasy world but overall, it was beautiful.
If you liked Spirited Away why don't you watch the other Studio Ghibli films (or have you)? I like the others better There's 'My Neighbour Totoro', 'Kiki's Delivery Service', 'Nausica' , 'Laputa, Castle in the Sky' 'Princess Mononoke' etc.<--- sorry I don't know the English titles, only the Japanese so they're maybe inaccurate.

My sister's favourite by far is Totoro (tons of stuffed Totoro dolls in her room), and mine is 'Kiki's Delivery Service'. I grew up watching Studio Ghibli films and I think they're one of the best things in existance!!
Spiral
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'v got spirited away on DVD but i havent had a chance to watch it yet, but i'v seen Totoro, Laputa, Kiki's delivery service and grave of the fireflies (all in chinese) and got them all on tape. Grave of the fireflies was so sad !
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, i really liked that film and it was so surprising that an anime film got such a widespread release
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What ever happend to good old TinTin and his dog?
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
yeah, i really liked that film and it was so surprising that an anime film got such a widespread release
That's because some many people underestimate how good proper Japanese anime is. They watch a bit of the crap they show on Toonami and therefore, assume that all anime is crap. I'm currently watching Naruto at the moment which is being shown in Japan every Wednesday evening and then released by subbers on Thursday for download.

I haven't yet to see My Neighbour Totoro but my cousin has it so I'll have to borrow it off him sometime.
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Anybody seen the movie spirited away?
Yes I did, but I didn't really understand it. If somebody asked me to explain what it was about I'd kind of be stuck, but it was a good film though if a little weird.
_EMMA_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
What ever happend to good old TinTin and his dog?
he is good too,classic, i think he turned 75 a couple of days ago
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's because some many people underestimate how good proper Japanese anime is. They watch a bit of the crap they show on Toonami and therefore, assume that all anime is crap. I'm currently watching Naruto at the moment which is being shown in Japan every Wednesday evening and then released by subbers on Thursday for download.

I haven't yet to see My Neighbour Totoro but my cousin has it so I'll have to borrow it off him sometime.
I know what you mean. I like the occasional film before I came o uni and my boyf downloaded Ghost in the Shell and that was good so I'm trying to find out more. We're trying to form an anime club here at Pompy uni if anyone' interested we meet at 6pm outside James Watson Hall every Tues!!!

oooh, and visit my friend, she'll appreciated it! Kaffei
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Omg, so true. The anime movies such as the Studio Ghibli one's are a true work of art in which they spend two years working on it and perfecting it. I saw the making video of 'Princess Mononoke' and Miyazaki Hayao is a true perfectionist, even being picky on exactly what colour someone's cloak should be (and that person who he was being picky about was in the background!!).

The pictures are beautiful, the storyline charming, and the music mesmerising. I love those anime more than almost all movies i've ever seen in my life!!

People should definately not assume anime is crap if they've only seen the cheap ones.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Anybody seen the movie spirited away?
So anybody know if it will be released in the UK?
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So anybody know if it will be released in the UK?
It already has been released on September 12th.
lyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I saw all the studio ghibli films again recently. and MY GOD, My Neighbour Totoro has such beautiful moments (the scene where the girl has her little sister on her back and she's waiting in the rain at the busstop, whilst Totoro is standing next to her with a little leaf on his head...; and the scene where the little girl is lying on Totoro's stomach whilst he's sleeping). All his films are so dream-like, especially Laputa.

miyazaki is a genius.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lyd)
I saw all the studio ghibli films again recently. and MY GOD, My Neighbour Totoro has such beautiful moments (the scene where the girl has her little sister on her back and she's waiting in the rain at the busstop, whilst Totoro is standing next to her with a little leaf on his head...; and the scene where the little girl is lying on Totoro's stomach whilst he's sleeping). All his films are so dream-like, especially Laputa.

miyazaki is a genius.
Yes yes yes ! I love that scene! The part where Mei (is it 'May' in the English version?) first encouters Totoro is really cute too~.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
(Original post by vavavoom)
It already has been released on September 12th.
where at? I can't find it in any of the big stores, or amazon.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
where at? I can't find it in any of the big stores, or amazon.
Ooo I thought you meant in the movie theatres. Hmm I'm not sure about that, but when don't you just download it? There are tons of Studio Ghibli films availablein p2p.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (148)
60.66%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.51%
No- I want it (68)
27.87%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads