This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom)
Ooo I thought you meant in the movie theatres. Hmm I'm not sure about that, but when don't you just download it? There are tons of Studio Ghibli films availablein p2p.
I use a laptop with a 12 inch screen, watching movies on it is a bit crap, and so if I could easily get it on DVD I'd like to. No big deal though, could take a another year or so, if it is going to be released.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
where at? I can't find it in any of the big stores, or amazon.
If you live in London, then they showed it at many cinemas in C.London like a few months ago. You could also take a visit to Chinatown if you are in there and they should have it in the shops.

Otherwise, take a look here:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/SrAllDe...+away&x=16&y=4
fishpaste
Rep:
?
(Original post by jediknight007)
If you live in London, then they showed it at many cinemas in C.London like a few months ago. You could also take a visit to Chinatown if you are in there and they should have it in the shops.

Otherwise, take a look here:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/SrAllDe...+away&x=16&y=4
live in Mancheter, just don't know which stores to go in.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maybe you could just watch it in Japanese Hee hee, joking. It was released here in Japan around two years ago.

Meanwhile maybe you could rent other studio ghibli films
fishpaste
Rep:
?
(Original post by vavavoom)
Maybe you could just watch it in Japanese Hee hee, joking. It was released here in Japan around two years ago.

Meanwhile maybe you could rent other studio ghibli films
Yep I'm gonna get Kiki's delivery service.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Yep I'm gonna get Kiki's delivery service.
Yay! That's my favourite Studio Ghibli film! I just watched it two days ago in fact
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have not, but i wuld love to !!!
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have seen Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, and Kiki's Delivery Service... They are all so good!! There is definitely a theme that runs throughout all of Miyazaki's films... I like the way none of them are intended for a particular audience... It seems American films are guilty of deciding which audience a film should be aimed for, and then basing the film around that certificate... A good example would be putting enough swearing in to get the certificate up to a 15 or equivalent. Miyazaki doesn't do this - Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away can be enjoyed by anyone... Despite in the formers case, the occasional swear word and a little gore.
I also love the way there is never technically a 'bad guy' in the films... It's not a rubbish 'battle between good and evil' job.
I agree with vavavoom... People see cheap anime and assume it is all tacky rubbish just for kids. Why don't they show some good anime on TV in the UK?
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
I agree with vavavoom... People see cheap anime and assume it is all tacky rubbish just for kids. Why don't they show some good anime on TV in the UK?
Exactly .
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If only there was a PROPER dedicated channel showing only Japanese anime here in the UK......
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (213)
67.83%
No (101)
32.17%

Watched Threads