NatWest Watch

This discussion is closed.
CW Esq
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I think I shall start of another thread to warn people about this Bank. I filled out all my detials for railcard and upgrade over 3 months ago, and was told in June it would all be ready to collect. Today I phone up and am told they have nothing on record. I think this is absolutely disgusting! I had plans to milk that railcard but now it looks like I will be getting it after Fresher's Week. A bank that caters for students shouldn't make sure pathetic mistakes. Absolute disgrace!
Anybody else had similar problems with these miscreants?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Me!

Last year, I was told I couldn't open an account with them. So I went and opened one with HSBC. A few days later, I got a chequebook and debit card and things from Natwest!

So I try to close the account, but I can't as my signature doesn't match the one they have on file. Which is because I was told I couldn't have an account and didn't give them one.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't even get me started on that poor excuse for a bank...
CW Esq
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Gracious! I will make sure they move sharpish though. There really is no excuse for this though.
Resit1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Had no problems at all with the bank. Converted my switch account into a student account, took two days and sent off for my railcard that arrived in less than a week. Also I got £20 because I convered an existing account. So to me it's one of the best Banks ive used out of Natwest, Nationwide, Halifax all of which I have an account with and I opened my Student account in July 2005.
marmitebagel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I havent really had any problems either. There is always a chance, regardless of which bank you are with, that your bank are going to make a mistake. The individuals who process applications, forms etc. are human, and they do make errors now and again.
confused?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
btw- has anyone opened a Cash Isa with them?? I opened one today. What do you think about it?
bestdeceptions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:eek: NatWest have always been great with me. I've had a child account there ever since I started getting money as a kid. I upgraded my account to a student one about a month ago and it's all been sorted out already, railcard included.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Whole family is with natwest, never had any problems.
marmitebagel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
:eek: NatWest have always been great with me. I've had a child account there ever since I started getting money as a kid. I upgraded my account to a student one about a month ago and it's all been sorted out already, railcard included.
Pretty much the same with me. I got all my cheque book and railcard through rather quickly.
confused?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by marmitebagel)
Pretty much the same with me. I got all my cheque book and railcard through rather quickly.

how soon did you get your railcard. I still havent got my railcard application. I got my checkbook 5 days ago. How long does it take for railcard to come after application has been received?
ahyolmu
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its seems like bank's main priority is to old customers or the custormer with good credit history which kinda sounds obvious to any banks.
Filibuster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by CW Esq)
I think I shall start of another thread to warn people about this Bank. I filled out all my detials for railcard and upgrade over 3 months ago, and was told in June it would all be ready to collect. Today I phone up and am told they have nothing on record. I think this is absolutely disgusting! I had plans to milk that railcard but now it looks like I will be getting it after Fresher's Week. A bank that caters for students shouldn't make sure pathetic mistakes. Absolute disgrace!
Anybody else had similar problems with these miscreants?
funny enough, I was reading the guarding money supplement, and this guy had written in saying that he hadnt received his railcard after 1yr, the bank told them that he couldnt get it. Then I think the columnist woman who sorts this stuff out had written to the bank and the obvs thort oh crap, and gave him £150 compensation an his railcard asap.
Filibuster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by confused?)
how soon did you get your railcard. I still havent got my railcard application. I got my checkbook 5 days ago. How long does it take for railcard to come after application has been received?
Im still waiting for mine aswell. I went to my branch today and the woman sounded a bit suprised that I still hadnt got it but said that it should come soon. Even tho i was under the impression that i was goin to get my railcard as soon as I got my bank stuff, when I went to open the account. They are really slow, the still hadnt activated my account despite me sending the form off on tuesday and whilst I was in the bank the woman just did it for me there and then.And I am still waiting for my pin. Also to top things off, my name on my credit card was spelt wrong, and had to ring them to change it, waiting on the phone for ages! I think they think they can slack becos they offer this free railcard.
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They didn't tell me i had to activate my overdraft and charged me £35 for going £3 overdrawn. And when i ordered the student account online, it said it would go to the bank, but i went in there and it wasn't there, so they had to re-order it for me. At least the railcard came fastish.
zanywany
Report 13 years ago
I had a few problems with my account because I made an appointment with the bank to change my account into a student account and apparently it had already been done so there was no need for me to have gone in to the bank that day and might I add I had to wake up very early to go the bank .s*** happens so you just deal with it so I did I recieved all my bits n bobs rail card etc through the post and sent off for it and have recieved it and wil be using it on tuesday but apparently my loan overdraft facility hasnt been sorted its kind of confusing but I'll just try and sort it. Cos Ive had to change all my information because I had to go through clearing you get used to having to ring five million gazillion people to get things sorted. oh well it'l all be worth it
marmitebagel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by confused?)
I got it within about 7-10 days.
hollywollydoodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i went to apply for mine today, except they moaned at me for not bringing my passport when it says that prov driving liscence is fine and then randomly asked for 3 months worth of statements from my other bank account (i have another account with abbey, only going with natwest for railcard). which means my application is delayed a day because it didnt say anywhere i needed to bring them. and the women dissapeared for about 10 mins in the middle of my interview and didnt say anything when she got back. am not v. impressed really. think it might have been to verify my details but she didnt say where she was going or apologise for taking so long.
Joey12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ive got everything but am still waiting for railcard - 2 weeks-ish after i opened account.
worried_mess
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I opened a student account with them this summer and have had absolutely no problems at all. Everything came fast (including railcard) and whenever I had to deal with staff they were really helpful. Id say, apart from First Direct, they are the best bank out there.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (57)
12.9%
Yes - a food allergy (47)
10.63%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (14)
3.17%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.04%
No (315)
71.27%

Watched Threads