NatWest Watch

This discussion is closed.
Apricot Fairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by confused?)
btw- has anyone opened a Cash Isa with them?? I opened one today. What do you think about it?
Yeah, I have one. The nicest thing about it is that it has £5,000 in it.
Filibuster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They still havent sent my pin, despite my card being activated. Is it meant to take this long?
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've had my student account with them for a bit over 2 years now and it's been great - no problems at all much better than HSBC who refused to even consider giving me a student account cos I was under 18 when I needed it!
Jenn xx
JonnyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought I had already posted here. My railcard was a ****er to get as well, and now I'm sending back all the full price tickets to Natwest and they are going to refund me the difference. And I got a railcard. So... cool.
lifehitshard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Smiley_Me)
Have you requested your overdraft? I went into my branch and had to set it up, and I've checked online and it's there ready for me to use.

Switch = Maestro

Why do you want a Solo card?
well maestro doesnt equal switch does it when some online site has the switch symbol but no maestro...

also seems like the solo symbol seems more used on the online sites i go on, lol

i defo requested the overdraft of £1250. i shoed the as12 letter and i even signed "something"...(nooooo, there goes my life)
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
After sticking up for NatWest, I now have a rant about them!

I lost my card a week and a half ago and phoned up straight away to cancel it. At the same time I ordered a new one and the guy on the phone said it had been ordered and would arrive in 3 working days.

Now, 10 days later, it still hasn't arrived. So I phoned them up this morning to ask if it was on its way. They guy took my account number and branch number etc then asked the security questions (DOB, postcode...). He then asked me what my allowed overdraft limit is or something. I said that I only upgraded to a student account the other week so I have no idea! It's a new account! So he says he can't tell me if my card is on its way or not because I didn't know the allowed overdraft amount.

So I go into town to the NatWest branch to ask them in person. They check on the system and find that there is no record of another card being ordered. I'M GOING TO UNI ON SAT! I NEED MY CARD! Do they really think someone is going to lose their card and decide they don't need a new one? Surely they would realise I need a new one sent!

Aaarrrggghhhhhh!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Channy)
well maestro doesnt equal switch does it when some online site has the switch symbol but no maestro...

also seems like the solo symbol seems more used on the online sites i go on, lol

i defo requested the overdraft of £1250. i shoed the as12 letter and i even signed "something"...(nooooo, there goes my life)
Switch changed its name to Maestro though. But as it was recent, older sites may only say Switch. But since Switch is now Maestro you can use your Maestro card there.
lifehitshard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Switch changed its name to Maestro though. But as it was recent, older sites may only say Switch. But since Switch is now Maestro you can use your Maestro card there.
chooses type of payment (switch)
types in maestro card no...
types evything else (no other mistaken types)
REJECTION message...

oh well...
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
After sticking up for NatWest, I now have a rant about them!

I lost my card a week and a half ago and phoned up straight away to cancel it. At the same time I ordered a new one and the guy on the phone said it had been ordered and would arrive in 3 working days.

Now, 10 days later, it still hasn't arrived. So I phoned them up this morning to ask if it was on its way. They guy took my account number and branch number etc then asked the security questions (DOB, postcode...). He then asked me what my allowed overdraft limit is or something. I said that I only upgraded to a student account the other week so I have no idea! It's a new account! So he says he can't tell me if my card is on its way or not because I didn't know the allowed overdraft amount.

So I go into town to the NatWest branch to ask them in person. They check on the system and find that there is no record of another card being ordered. I'M GOING TO UNI ON SAT! I NEED MY CARD! Do they really think someone is going to lose their card and decide they don't need a new one? Surely they would realise I need a new one sent!

Aaarrrggghhhhhh!
Your fault for losing it Hilary.
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh, and make sure they deliver it to your Warwick address, a mate of mine at Cambridge got his card sent to a London branch.
mousey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My debit card and online stuff came today. I've activated the card online, so i just need to hope my pin comes by Sunday. I haven't activated my overdraft like some of you were suggesting, but it still shows it online as available funds 1,250. xx
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Channy)
chooses type of payment (switch)
types in maestro card no...
types evything else (no other mistaken types)
REJECTION message...

oh well...
Are you typing in the big long number across the middle? The most common mistake is people type in something else. Or your overdraft might not be active, or the website might not be working.
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Are you typing in the big long number across the middle? The most common mistake is people type in something else. Or your overdraft might not be active, or the website might not be working.
Well all I know is Switch = Maestro.

I work as a Sales Advisor and I take cards from people who bank with Natwest all the time. Some have a Switch and Maestro symbol on them. These tend to be the older cards. But I sometimes get cards with just the Maestro symbol on. These are usually the newer cards.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im so glad i kept my old current account during the switch over - didnt get a proper pin until a couple of days ago (about 3 weeks after opeing the account) i would have been stuffed!

still waiting for railcard though - sent off the app with photo about 10 days ago :mad: i neeed that railcard
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lost my card natwest sent me... I have no idea where it is... I think I will go to the branch and tell them I need a new one, with some ID in hand... so their incompetence won't once again sweep over me. I hate them... Im still waiting for my railcard. Doesnt help that the student loan company is also disgustingly incompetent. This is all very emotionally draining!
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonnyB)
Your fault for losing it Hilary.
Well, true :p: But still, how hard is it to send me a new card! And yeah, there's a NatWest branch on the Warwick campus so they said I can pick it up from there.
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
Well, true :p: But still, how hard is it to send me a new card! And yeah, there's a NatWest branch on the Warwick campus so they said I can pick it up from there.
Make sure they don't screw it up. Give them a ring to confirm it, seriously.
Jenny234
Report 13 years ago
i postd my railcard form off bout 10days ago an that hasnt turned up!
Neither have my new card or cheque book!
They are soooooo SLOW!!!!
GRRR!!!

St Martins college here i come
Teacher Training with Geography
confused?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I havent even got the application form for the railcard yet. I rang the advisor today and she said something about a welcome pack. Did you all get a welcome pack and when did u get it after getting your other stuff?

Ill need the railcard in 11 days time. If i dont get it can i get a refund on the difference the railcard would have made??
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I went in to get my student upgrade done today (already have an account with them). Went in around 15 minutes before the branch closes. Got taken into a private room and the lady sat down with me, went through the form etc. and did everything needed on the computer in front of me. Account actually upgraded in about 10 minutes. She said she'll check in the morning again just to make sure all the stuff is actually in the post also. Unfortunately, I got a call about 2 hours later that there was a problem with my name which has kind of put the brakes on it all for a while but that's my fault not theirs.

Very helpful indeed.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.81%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (137)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.16%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.81%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.68%

Watched Threads