NEED URGENT HELP: mcdonalds OJE + interview tommorrow (my 1st ever interview)

Watch
W.H.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
ok I have an OJE and interview tommorow at a mcdonalds (dont know if this important but it has a drive-thru), so tell me everything I need to know. I'll list some of my most important queries:

1) what do i wear (I'm male) - will 'black office trousers + long sleeve shirt + tie' be enough? no need for me to wear a suit jacket, right?

2) Is this pair of shoe okay to wear - http://a2.zassets.com/images/758/758...-1003290-d.jpg

3) what would I be doing on the OJE? (so scared i'll mess up)

4) what questions will they ask me?

5) will the interviewer mention some of my multiple choice answers in the online application form that I filled in? will they mention my onlne application form at all?

6) what should I ask them as the end?
W.H.T
Rep:
?
anyone?
Jamieeee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got a interview for one of these to, but chose to do it in like 2 weeks, but if you check the email you get it says...oh actually it don't say what to wear as a shirt hmm, think I'l just wear a shirt but not sure if to wear a tie or not, yeah I'l keep on reading this so I don't have a last minute panic :P Sorry about my completely useless post :P
888jamie888
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Clothes sound fine. OJE means they'll probably ask you to work on the tills or something to decide what your good at and if you'll get the job. But don't worry they'll tell you what to do.
They'll probably ask you a bit about yourself and why you want the job.

Good luck
mbutt91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yes wear black trousers and a shirt personally i would not go with the tie cos when i went no boy was wearing a tie
yes the shoes seem perfectly fine
they ask u questions like: "give an e.g. of a time when u worked together as a team" or when did you have to work up to a deadline and when did you have to do a difficult task how did u cope with it, customer service qustions as well. Just basic experience questions really i advise u to practise infront of the mirror
no they dont ask about the multiple questions you did online

hope this helps sorry i couldnt answer all questions
linkdapink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey... don't wear a tie, because in your OJE you'll either be on tills or working the grill. I was on the grill, and a tie would get in the way (even though you'll be wearing an apron). Don't wear long sleeves either (for the same reason). The shoes look fine. Are they hard wearing and comfortable? You'll wear them down pretty fast working on your feet all day - and I think the grease on the floor actually "eats" into them. Almost everyone working there has holes/cracked soles on their shoes.

Like I said, I did grill work for my OJE - I made a Mac. My online form wasn't mentioned, I was asked stuff like, what did I know about the company, and why I applied. At the end, just ask when you'll hear back.
moregano
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by W.H.T)
1) what do i wear (I'm male) - will 'black office trousers + long sleeve shirt + tie' be enough? no need for me to wear a suit jacket, right?
Don't bother with a tie. Semi-casual is fine, as long as you're clean and tidy it doesn't really matter what you're wearing.

2) Is this pair of shoe okay to wear - http://a2.zassets.com/images/758/758...-1003290-d.jpg
They're fine.

3) what would I be doing on the OJE? (so scared i'll mess up)
Most places don't actually do an OJE (we don't) even if they say you're going to get one. If you do have one it'll be something like greeting customers, handing out balloons, or taking money at the drive through.

4) what questions will they ask me?
Without going into specifics, be prepared to say why you want the job, why McDonald's, talk about your strengths and weaknesses and answer some scenario-types questions - "Tell me about a time when you had to work with others to get a job done", etc.

5) will the interviewer mention some of my multiple choice answers in the online application form that I filled in? will they mention my onlne application form at all?
They might mention what you're doing at school, but they won't mention the multiple choice personality questions.

6) what should I ask them as the end?
Asking about promotion prospects is always a good one, or even just how long it'll be until you hear back (shows you're keen).

Good luck
marcusfox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do not wear a jacket and tie to a McDonalds interview, if they ask you to do anything it will get messed up.

Wear a shirt and trousers, but I wouldn't be worried, just by turning up and being normal they will give you the job.
W.H.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by marcusfox)
Do not wear a jacket and tie to a McDonalds interview, if they ask you to do anything it will get messed up.

Wear a shirt and trousers, but I wouldn't be worried, just by turning up and being normal they will give you the job.
I'm just worried the nerves will get to me and I'll freeze up on even the simpliest of questions :eek3:
W.H.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by moregano)
Don't bother with a tie. Semi-casual is fine, as long as you're clean and tidy it doesn't really matter what you're wearing.

They're fine.

Most places don't actually do an OJE (we don't) even if they say you're going to get one. If you do have one it'll be something like greeting customers, handing out balloons, or taking money at the drive through.

Without going into specifics, be prepared to say why you want the job, why McDonald's, talk about your strengths and weaknesses and answer some scenario-types questions - "Tell me about a time when you had to work with others to get a job done", etc.

They might mention what you're doing at school, but they won't mention the multiple choice personality questions.

Asking about promotion prospects is always a good one, or even just how long it'll be until you hear back (shows you're keen).

Good luck
I know its a very small thing, but do you think I should take a 'messenger' type bag with me to carry the ID documents that I need to bring, or would it be better to just carry them in my hand?
moregano
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by W.H.T)
I know its a very small thing, but do you think I should take a 'messenger' type bag with me to carry the ID documents that I need to bring, or would it be better to just carry them in my hand?
It really doesn't matter either way
W.H.T
Rep:
?
what colour shirt should I wear?

btw, would brown be okay?
Pain = Friend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wear BLACK shirt. It should have stated that in an e-mail sent to you.
Donnakirby240
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got my 1st interview next Wednesday at mcdonalds what is it this for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (402)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (312)
43.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise