The Student Room Group
im think yes they wil probly leak with rain!
Reply 2
I'm afraid they probably would be hard to keep clean but they look so pretty :flutter:

That said you could just chuck them in the washer when they're dirty!
Reply 3
Does anyone think they look better dirrty?
Reply 4
I think they look better diry and battered.

I have an ancient pair of converse, and they've split apart at the sides. I've ripped the laces out, glued them down at the sides and cut the tongues out, and they look really good.
Reply 5
Converse look ace when they're worn-in.I've put mine in the wash after festivals and they come out fine. I'de buy a darker colour for winter, black or green or something then get a white pair for the summer or non rainey days.
Reply 6
Yeah mine are white and one has cow poo on it and they're still going strong!
Reply 7

Yup I like mine more now that they're nice and worn in. wouldn't advise wearing them on a rainy/snowy day though...
i really don't like converse on me! but i no a lad who has pink ones and written song lyrics all over them - they look awsome!
I have pink converse with green 'all star' written on them....

But I was on hols in new zealand with my friends and we went on a walk but then it POURED down :frown: .... and all the dye from my jeans ran into them, despite me walking round with my jeans pulled up to my knees (and yes I did look like a total MUPPET! :redface: :eek: )....

but I'm sort of used to them now, they'll never be the same though!! :frown:
CONVERSE WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE CLEAN! the dirtier the better and yes i know i sound emo but its true, used converse look far better than well maintained ones. let the mfray and dirty, and if you cant be arsed to clean them and you really feel the need to then you shouldnt have boguht white ones!!! :P
Reply 11
UpliftMof0
CONVERSE WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE CLEAN! the dirtier the better and yes i know i sound emo but its true, used converse look far better than well maintained ones. let the mfray and dirty, and if you cant be arsed to clean them and you really feel the need to then you shouldnt have boguht white ones!!! :P

well said!!
Reply 12
they have holes in the side for air... which would let the rain and snow in.
Reply 13
Icecradle

keeps the feet fresh n pong free!
Reply 14

Not to mention the canvas material which soaks through
tsforesth05

Wearing your converse all dirty and falling to bits is the "cool" way to wear them. I think brand new trainers, despite what make they are, look bad anyway. All trainers look better when they are worn in and a little old but I ain't going to go out of my way to get my converse looking like they are 20 years old and were found in a skip just because it's fashionable to.
Reply 16
Does anyone like the converse "trainers"?
Reply 17
Ugh. Converse Chucks (As in the most popular, All Stars shoe) look pants clean. They're meant to look ragged

Heavy rain, your feet will get wet, don't walk through long grass either. Mine have been buried at the beach, rained on, slept on and now they're beautifiully faded and worn
Reply 18
:dito: to all the people who've said this - converse were made to be worn in! they look MUCH better ragged and ruined :smile: preferably with the soles hanging off :biggrin:

Latest