Not wanting to burst my own bubble Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gigi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Ok guys, I have all the reasons of why I'm applying and why any institute would want me, at 23 with tonnes of experience is Advertising, Marketing and Sales to go into Public Relations

How can I tell them the only reason why I'm intersted in public relations is that I'd be darn good at it cause I basically do it already and want to back up my years of working with a formal education but without sounding so. . . 'big-headed'??

Help me please!!!
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If you're so good at it and have so much experience why do you need a formal qualification?
Gigi
(Original post by Tek)
If you're so good at it and have so much experience why do you need a formal qualification?
Cause I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. I can't get promotion cause I'm not qualified, plus I'd like to know everything and become as good as I can be.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
you don't tend to get anywhere without a formal qualification, unless there is an extreme shortage in people for that certian (type of) job.
Gigi
How's this?? *laugh or cry?* :confused: x

It would be wrong for me to say that the decision I made at Sixteen, to be independent and go out into the world and get a job, has satisfied all my dreams and ambitions, it hasn't.

In an attempt to widen my horizons and prepare myself for prospective studies, I embarked on a PT HNC Business course at my local college, which unfortunately was unable to complete due to the emotional distress caused by the miscarriage of my child.
Yet, I have fought to overcome this obstacle, and I'm still confident and determined to succeed, showing not only myself but to all; I will not be defeated by obstacles. Through my past experiences I realise now that I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions.

Although my work experience has given me many skills in dealing with issues involving PR, formal education I feel is a necessary step to further myself within the industry. Alongside helping my career chances, it will fulfil my insatiable pursuit for knowledge and a greater understanding of my chosen field of study, which no amount of work experience could give me.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1280)
79.7%
Leave (326)
20.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed