The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BJack
Yes. :awesome:

What like is the social life? I've heard Coventry is pretty **** and many bugger off to Brum for nights out and stuff.
Reply 41
Smack
What like is the social life? I've heard Coventry is pretty **** and many bugger off to Brum for nights out and stuff.

I've heard ex-polys are ****.

That is a claim you refute. Fair enough. But you also have preconceptions about things you don't know **** about..
Reply 42
Wow.... things are getting a bit fierce in here....
Focus08
I've heard ex-polys are ****.

That is a claim you refute. Fair enough. But you also have preconceptions about things you don't know **** about..

Some of them are ****. Some have their good and points points (like most universities, really). What I argue against is that you cannot classify them altogether into the same group just because they all gained their royal charter in 1992 or after.

The point is, the OP has chosen a list of excellent universities but ones that will be completely different in terms of student life. Studying in St Andrews is going to be a million miles away from studying in London. If you like big cities then you're going to be miserable in St Andrews. If you like the idea of studying at a university steeped in history then Warwick isn't the place to go. If he wants investment banking then I don't know of any 'targeted' universities in Scotland so he'll have to go to England anyway.

Latest