This discussion is closed.
Gigi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm posting this everywhere, appologies but I've only 3 days left!

Ok guys, I have all the reasons of why I'm applying and why any institute would want me, at 23 with tonnes of experience is Advertising, Marketing and Sales to go into Public Relations

How can I tell them the only reason why I'm intersted in public relations is that I'd be darn good at it cause I basically do it already and want to back up my years of working with a formal education but without sounding so. . . 'big-headed'??

Help me please!!!
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gigi)
I'm posting this everywhere, appologies but I've only 3 days left!

Ok guys, I have all the reasons of why I'm applying and why any institute would want me, at 23 with tonnes of experience is Advertising, Marketing and Sales to go into Public Relations

How can I tell them the only reason why I'm intersted in public relations is that I'd be darn good at it cause I basically do it already and want to back up my years of working with a formal education but without sounding so. . . 'big-headed'??

Help me please!!!
You've already answered your question. You have tonnes of work experience, you enjoy it and you want to backup the yrs of work you've done by taking on formal education. :confused:
Gigi
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
You've already answered your question. You have tonnes of work experience, you enjoy it and you want to backup the yrs of work you've done by taking on formal education. :confused:
Sorry to confuse you

Yeah but that's so brief and everyone will put that wont they? How can I make it stand out?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Say that you want to progress further within the industry and you think higher education is the only way for that.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Although my work experience has given me many skills in dealing with issues involving PR, formal education I feel is a nessacary step to further myself in the industy. Alongside helping my career chances it will fufil my search for knowledge and a greater understanding of my chosen field of study that no amount of work experience could give me.
Gigi
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Say that you want to progress further within the industry and you think higher education is the only way for that.

I think you're all stars. What I'd do without you guys I just don't know
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
3 days left till what? Oh sorry, should have read further up the page.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (283)
15.29%
Uncertainty around my education (290)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (184)
9.94%
Isolating with family (131)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (85)
4.59%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (154)
8.32%
Loneliness (184)
9.94%
Financial worries (76)
4.11%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (170)
9.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (162)
8.75%

Watched Threads