This discussion is closed.
Gigi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
This may sound OTT but as I did this at 2am I'm sure you'll show me the error of my ways! Is it too long and 'floaty'?!

It would sound fulfilling to say that the decision I made at Ssixteen years old, to be independant and go into the world of wowrk has satisfied all my dreams and ambitions. It hasn't. I am a seeker; of all new opportunities and challenges, and my pursuit of knowledge is insatiable.

In attempt to widen my horizons and prepare myself for prospective studies, I embarked on a PT HNC Business course at my local college, which unfortunately I was unable to complete due to the emotional distress caused by the miscarriage of my child. Yet, I'm still confident and determined to succeed. I realise that I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions, willing to sacrifice my life as I know it, and back up my years of work experience with formal education.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gigi)
This may sound OTT but as I did this at 2am I'm sure you'll show me the error of my ways! Is it too long and 'floaty'?!

It would sound fulfilling to say that the decision I made at Ssixteen years old, to be independant and go into the world of wowrk has satisfied all my dreams and ambitions. It hasn't. I am a seeker; of all new opportunities and challenges, and my pursuit of knowledge is insatiable.

In attempt to widen my horizons and prepare myself for prospective studies, I embarked on a PT HNC Business course at my local college, which unfortunately I was unable to complete due to the emotional distress caused by the miscarriage of my child. Yet, I'm still confident and determined to succeed. I realise that I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions, willing to sacrifice my life as I know it, and back up my years of work experience with formal education.
Yes, you deal with your emotional problem quickly so they don't think your looking for sympathy etc.

You need paragraphs on why you want to do the chosen course, why your work experience will help you with it, your interests in that area etc
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It would be wrong for me to say that the decision I made at Sixteen , to be independant and go out into the world and get a job, has satisfied all my dreams and ambitions, it hasn't.

I am a seeker; of all new opportunities and challenges, and my pursuit of knowledge is insatiable.

In an attempt to widen my horizons and prepare myself for prospective studies, I embarked on a PT HNC Business course at my local college, which unfortunately was unable to complete due to the emotional distress caused by the miscarriage of my child.
Yet, I have fought to overcome this obstacle, and I'm still confident and determined to succeed. Through my past experiences I realise now that I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions. Whch is why I wish to embark on my choosen course [Write some stuff of why you want that course].

I believe that I am a hard-working, very determined individual, with a very mature attitude, this backed up by my work experince, show the type of potential that I have.

Bladdy bladdy blah..............

Still needs some changes though. What courses are you applying for, and what Unis?
Gigi
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Still needs some changes though. What courses are you applying for, and what Unis?[/QUOTE]

I'm looking to apply for a PR related degree, perhaps in Leeds, Sunderland, Lancashire

I've had over 7 years exp in sales, advertising and marketing. I feel that doing PR would intergrate all this, plus I love what I do, it's exciting!
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gigi)

what exactly is ott ???
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
what exactly is ott ???
over teh top
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
over teh top
ok..............thanx !!!
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
33.33%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
16.67%
No- I want it (3)
50%
No- I don't want it (0)
0%

Watched Threads