The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Central London, I would hate to live anywhere else in England to be honest...I can't stand the idea of living in places that are merely cities and nothing more, but then I would say that having lived in one of the world's greatest capitals my entire life. Also, regional accents piss me off...I find it embarassing when the rest of the world has to hear any of them and they think what kind of retarded english is that? Not that I think it's retarded, but that's how foreigners percieve it.

I also notice quite a big difference in culture between cities/regions, philosophies on life and just what people do in their day to day lives. I found it shocking at first because I thought, england is england, we're all Brits we're all alike...but it's surprising how diverse everything is on a regional scale.

I quite like oxford though for it's historical environment, and Bath is just plain beautiful...and both are pretty close to London so I'd be happy living there :smile:

oh and Greater London is a **** hole, it's only 'London' by name.
Reply 21
SFsucks
I have added a list of 16 general locations of the best place you think to live in.

I know I could add all the different locations on the poll so please state below which you think is the best place.

WHAT??? You literally put every single county around hertfordshire in your list, except for hertfordshire which is obviously the best place..

Deeply hurt :cry:
Reply 22
This is just a "WHERE DO YOU LIVE? LOLOLOLOLOLOL." Thread.
Lrampant
A bearable accent?!

We can't all speak in perfect RP.
Reply 24
viktavondoom
We can't all speak in perfect RP.

I know, I know, but I'd like to see people make the effort, is that too much to ask?!
Reply 25
themanbearpig
So everyone just votes for where they live.. brilliant

I didn't.

I live in Edinburgh and voted for Oxfordshire etc. Edinburgh is actually quite overrated when you look at it in close detail.

Oxfordshire etc. win out because it's close to London, a lot better value for money in terms of property and I think the countryside is better. The countryside around Edinburgh is pony.
Reply 26
Greater Manchester... but I'm a tad biased. I've visited the majority of the places you've listed and never really liked them - although Edinburgh was nice and Cumbria makes some lovely sausages.
Reply 27
I'm laughing at the fact Scotland is a huge part of the UK and is given one option.
Edit, ok 2 options.:facepalm:
Lrampant
I know, I know, but I'd like to see people make the effort, is that too much to ask?!

So you'd prefer to get rid of any regional identity?

******* nazi.
Newmarket. I think it has the least rainfall in all of the UK so it cant be bad !!
Reply 30
viktavondoom
So you'd prefer to get rid of any regional identity?

******* nazi.

I think that's actually my all time best for the soon-to-be-recognized Olympic discipline of "How quickly can I be called a Nazi after signing up to a forum".

Thanks
Reply 31
Looks like the mods are not allowing me to make a better poll, oh well.
LMAC
I'm laughing at the fact Scotland is a huge part of the UK and is given one option.

I know... it's funny that Edinburgh has its own option.
Although I really do think that's how the rest of the world sees us. There's Edinburgh, then the highlands lol.
Lrampant
I think that's actually my all time best for the soon-to-be-recognized Olympic discipline of "How quickly can I be called a Nazi after signing up to a forum".

Thanks

Glad I can be of some help. I'm looking forward to your other posts to see what idiotic crap you can come up with.

Thanks.
Reply 34
cornwall should have a seperate option from devon tbh
Reply 35
viktavondoom
Glad I can be of some help. I'm looking forward to your other posts to see what idiotic crap you can come up with.

Thanks.

You're in for a treat! I have some gems lined up.
Reply 36
greater manchester LOL whateva u say op
Lincolnshire/Yorkshire are both very scenic places, in my opinion.
Reply 38
Ealing, London
Reply 39
Kent.

Kent?!

Latest

Trending

Trending