This discussion is closed.
Nitima
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
HELP!!
Am an A2 student, i've got to plan/ carry out 2 types of investigation. can anyone help?!!
thankxx
HelenBrownsell
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
When you say you have to carry out two types of investigation, what do you mean? Do you mean you have to do lab experiment/field exp/observations/questionnaires or do you mean you have to do two experiments on a subject?

If you have to do a specific experimental procedure, maybe you should choose the two you can compare the best. For example, laboratory studies and observations are completely different and both have their advantages and disadvantages. Lab studies have more control over the variables but lack ecological validity and obs have less control but have more ecological validity.

If you have to do two experiments, it depends on what you are studying in your course to what you do. You could do anything, within reason. I was told that children were best avoided due to ethics, thats just a handy hint...although I actually used 11 - 19 year olds in my experiment. You just need to be more sure on the ethics and need permission from the parents.

Helen Brownsell
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (61)
52.14%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8.55%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.97%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (29)
24.79%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.56%

Watched Threads