iPhone stuck on Red Battery Icon Screen?

Watch
SmellyCat16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Now what? I basically left if last night to run out of battery to calibrate it. So this morning I plugged it in but ever since then it seems to be charging but the red/low battery icon is always there...can't reset or anything. Do i need to leave it for another 5 hours?!
O_o?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
use it up untill it goes off
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Maybe your charger isn't working properly. Maybe it has just crashed, in which case, unplug it and wait for the battery to die completely, then try again. Or restore your iPod in iTunes?
rach [shikari]
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
have you tryed a restore?
SmellyCat16
Rep:
?
the iphone is out of battery! basically i think it is refusing to charge right now!
Splodger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hold the power and home button down it'll throw the phone into a reset and plug it into the computer
RightSaidJames
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Splodger)
Hold the power and home button down it'll throw the phone into a reset and plug it into the computer
Yeah, try this.
deathbeforeimmortality
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reboot it.

Reset it if it doesn't reboot. Hold in home button and button on right handside on the top.
SmellyCat16
Rep:
?
i've tried resetting it and everything even plugged it into my computer but it's always at that red battery icon charge stage, with no other response. I reckon I've been charging it for the past 12 hours now
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SmellyCat16)
i've tried resetting it and everything even plugged it into my computer but it's always at that red battery icon charge stage, with no other response. I reckon I've been charging it for the past 12 hours now
Okay, try this:
Hold down the Home and Power buttons until the screen cuts out and goes blank. Release immediately.
Hold down the home button.
Still holding the home button, connect the iPhone to the computer.
Eventually, a connect to iTunes message should appear.

If this doesn't work, you'll have to take it to an Apple Store. They might be able to do something you/we can't/
SmellyCat16
Rep:
?
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Okay, try this:
Hold down the Home and Power buttons until the screen cuts out and goes blank. Release immediately.
Hold down the home button.
Still holding the home button, connect the iPhone to the computer.
Eventually, a connect to iTunes message should appear.

If this doesn't work, you'll have to take it to an Apple Store. They might be able to do something you/we can't/
unfortunately that doesn't work as well mate. mac won't even pick up the iphone in itunes. i'll go to the apple store tomorrow morning to solve this :rolleyes:
CuteStar*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Apple is plotting, take it in
SmellyCat16
Rep:
?
took it in and got a new iphone 4 i think...well it came from a black box and i guess its waay to early for it be to be refurbed one right?

one thing which confused me was the genius was saying yesterday's service will appear as a 'repair' on my account hence warranty stays as original or i could have chosen to wait for new stock to arrive weeks later and get new warranty...

i'm confused which option would have been better
CoreyCrawford
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I found a tool RecoveryTool Fix Recovery, enter iPhone into recovery mode and then exit, which fixed the problem.
Catherine1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SmeYou cna llyCat16)
Now what? I basically left if last night to run out of battery to calibrate it. So this morning I plugged it in but ever since then it seems to be charging but the red/low battery icon is always there...can't reset or anything. Do i need to leave it for another 5 hours?!
Hi, try putting iPhone into recovery mode and restore it with iTunes. Although it will cause data loss, it can successfully fix your iPhone problem. Alternatively, apply Joyoshare Ultfix to help you. It can fix your iPhone issue with no data loss. If these methods can not help you, maybe there is something wrong with the iPhone battery. In such a case, go to the Apple store to repair it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (250)
57.34%
I don't have everything I need (186)
42.66%

Watched Threads