The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Lambert Hall

Hey
Was just wondering if anyone one is going to be staying in Lambert Hall at the Lawns this year? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Normz1
Hey
Was just wondering if anyone one is going to be staying in Lambert Hall at the Lawns this year? :smile:

LOL I knew a few people staying there last year, they enjoyed it...

Getting refurbished this Summer I think...
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Ok, thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah I heard it was being refurbed and I should be staying there this year if I don't defer my entry :smile:
Normz1
Hey

Yep, I'm staying there. C Block I think according to the address. There is a Facebook group for people in Lambert, but there's only a handful of members at the moment.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122163611135685&v=info
Reply 5
Cool, do you know which block your going to be staying in? :smile:
Reply 6
Accommodation Address: LAMBTE08A Lambert Hall The Lawns Harland Way Cottingham East Yorkshire HU16 5SG

Does that mean I'm in Block A?
Reply 7
No, block E. I know the previous permanent inhabitants of that room and it was my temporary accom room for a week last year (got a room in downs after that). :biggrin:
Reply 8
Was it nice? I know it's getting refurbed this year and the Nicholson room I looked round was amazing and that had just been refurbed
Reply 9
Ah, yeh, the refurb. Might not be the same room then as it was a shared room - and i'm assuming they're getting rid of them all with the refurbs.
Reply 10
Wilt
Ah, yeh, the refurb. Might not be the same room then as it was a shared room - and i'm assuming they're getting rid of them all with the refurbs.

Yeah it's being converted to a single with an en-suite. Say someone was in Block E, Flat 15 and I was in Block E, Flat 8, I'm guessing they're relatively close together?

And which year are you in, seeing as you're a United fan :wink:
Reply 11
I'm in lambert hall, "Medium size room" or something =)
Reply 12
T.H
Yeah it's being converted to a single with an en-suite. Say someone was in Block E, Flat 15 and I was in Block E, Flat 8, I'm guessing they're relatively close together?

And which year are you in, seeing as you're a United fan :wink:

I think 15 would be on the floor above 8, but don't quote me on that as I don't know how many rooms will be on a single floor. Though as you will have seen in Nicholson, the rooms are clustered around a landing with the stairs going up the middle so no room is really far away from any others.

And I'm going into second year. You a united fan too?
Reply 13
Wilt
I think 15 would be on the floor above 8, but don't quote me on that as I don't know how many rooms will be on a single floor. Though as you will have seen in Nicholson, the rooms are clustered around a landing with the stairs going up the middle so no room is really far away from any others.

And I'm going into second year. You a united fan too?

Well they're in clusters of 7 aren't they, so does it start from Flat 1 downstairs, meaning I would be on the second floor in Flat 8?

And yeah I am, have been all my life :smile:
Reply 14
T.H
Was it nice? I know it's getting refurbed this year and the Nicholson room I looked round was amazing and that had just been refurbed

LOL I was in Nicholson last year...
Reply 15
The Leninator
Yep, I'm staying there. C Block I think according to the address. There is a Facebook group for people in Lambert, but there's only a handful of members at the moment.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122163611135685&v=info

Same as you block C :smile: What room number?
Reply 16
Sickojones
I'm in lambert hall, "Medium size room" or something =)

Yep same :smile: What block you staying in?
Normz1
Same as you block C :smile: What room number?

14A :smile: Which i think should be on the second floor.
Reply 18
The Leninator
14A :smile: Which i think should be on the second floor.

Cool, i'm in 26A which is the top floor :smile:
Reply 19
Are there 28 rooms in each block?

Quick Reply

Latest