Is there such a thing as fun revision? Watch

This discussion is closed.
ferret
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Well.... Does any one know of any fun ways to revise for GCSE's?
I have my mock exams starting next week and i am revising for English.Maths,Science,Double science,History,Business studies,ICT,short course french and R.E.
PLease tell me there are better ways than just reading through books and re-writing work!!
Any suggestions welcome!
*Ferret*
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ferret)
I have my mock exams starting next week and i am revising for English.Maths,Science,Double science,History,Business studies,ICT,short course french and R.E.
PLease tell me there are better ways than just reading through books and re-writing work!!
Any suggestions welcome!
*Ferret*
dance whilst doing it.
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Any suggestions welcome!
*Ferret*
All revision is fun.
SirWhale
Report 16 years ago
every time you get a question right treat yourself to a polo
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Draw pictures with your notes Not only does it help you remember but it's fun!!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SirWhale)
every time you get a question right treat yourself to a polo
Just wondering Sir Whale - are u a big fan of a certain James WHALE on Talksport 1053/1089 AM
ferret
(Original post by Tek)
All revision is fun.
You think all revision is fun?! what are you doing for it to be fun then?
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
All revision is fun.
Thats why you got a crazy number of *s, i for one hate revision, its boring and takes time.
If there was a fun way, id think it wud probably be to do it with friends, but ive never tried it because i know we'd never get any work done.
Try using all resources available, go to the library for a couple of hrs at the weekend, use the internet for an hr everyday, do "Test Yourself" sections, make clear, colourful notes like u made ur post.

Im saying all this when in fact none of it wud make revision fun for me

good luck.
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
dance whilst doing it.

i agree with the dancing, put on some music and sing the stuff ur supposed to be revising, its great fun!
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by white_solitude)
i agree with the dancing, put on some music and sing the stuff ur supposed to be revising, its great fun!
:confused:
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
:confused:

lol...what? don't look at me like that! its great really!
ferret
I always have music playing but as for dancing ,well it would make reading a bit difficult!

I always find my self singing the song words and forgeting about revising!
You can't really revise for English language can you?

English is my first exam so it looks like i need to look at my other work instead maybe i'l do some maths! (only if i feel like it tho!!)
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I always have music playing but as for dancing ,well it would make reading a bit difficult!

I always find my self singing the song words and forgeting about revising!
You can't really revise for English language can you?

English is my first exam so it looks like i need to look at my other work instead maybe i'l do some maths! (only if i feel like it tho!!)

yeah i've developed this horrible obession with listening to music when working, when it first started it was ok, but now its like a must. i can't see to concentrate much without it, is that really awful?
ferret
Thats why you got a crazy number of *s, i for one hate revision, its boring and takes time.
If there was a fun way, id think it wud probably be to do it with friends, but ive never tried it because i know we'd never get any work done.
Try using all resources available, go to the library for a couple of hrs at the weekend, use the internet for an hr everyday, do "Test Yourself" sections, make clear, colourful notes like u made ur post.

Im saying all this when in fact none of it wud make revision fun for me

good luck.
Thanks for the advise ! i think i'll go round a m8s tomorrow! i know i'll have fun but as you sed i may not get the revision done.

Oh well never mind.

Thanks again for the advise!
*Ferret*
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Any suggestions welcome!
*Ferret*
read through class notes several times
read through revision guide notes several times
do questions from the revision guide and from any sheets u been given.
do a couple of past papers

get ur A* in exam. simple.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah i've developed this horrible obession with listening to music when working, when it first started it was ok, but now its like a must. i can't see to concentrate much without it, is that really awful?
as long as u dont require music in the exam to concentrate then it shud b ok........
ferret
The only bad thing to come of it will be the horrible silence in the proper exam!! Thats something i'm not looking forward to now!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The only bad thing to come of it will be the horrible silence in the proper exam!! Thats something i'm not looking forward to now!
in an exam u usually feel a tad nervous/bit of adrenaline, this often makes u concentrate better. emphasis on the "Bit" and not "extremely panicking" btw.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
read through class notes several times
read through revision guide notes several times
do questions from the revision guide and from any sheets u been given.
do a couple of past papers

get ur A* in exam. simple.
wheres the fun bit?
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

i'm generally ok in exams, although the silence is kinda nerve racking, after getting used to everyone screaming at the teachers in lessons it seems a gift to sit in pure silence
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (389)
67.3%
No (189)
32.7%

Watched Threads