The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
bono
read through class notes several times
read through revision guide notes several times
do questions from the revision guide and from any sheets u been given.
do a couple of past papers

get ur A* in exam. simple.

Wow! you make it sound so easy! but things are in theory but in practise its a different matter!

can i add you on MSN?
Reply 21
ferret
Wow! you make it sound so easy! but things are in theory but in practise its a different matter!

can i add you on MSN?

i'd advise u not to.
Reply 22
ShOcKzZ
i'd advise u not to.

Why would you advise me not to?
Reply 23
revision can be fun, if you are interested in the subjects you are reading, btw if you have done your homework well all you have to do during revision is in a way remind you of what you already know, i know it is easier said than done though.
Reply 24
white_solitude
yeah i've developed this horrible obession with listening to music when working, when it first started it was ok, but now its like a must. i can't see to concentrate much without it, is that really awful?

I have that too! I really hate silence :smile:
me!
I have that too! I really hate silence :smile:

i know!! seems too unnatural
Reply 26
white_solitude
yeah i've developed this horrible obession with listening to music when working, when it first started it was ok, but now its like a must. i can't see to concentrate much without it, is that really awful?

taht's not good..... it means that you won't be able to concentrate without music... try cutting down bit by bit (like u would with addiction :biggrin:)
Reply 27
it sounds weird but silence seems to bounce off the walls!!!!!!!!!!! I have to have music to concentrate!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
4Ed
taht's not good..... it means that you won't be able to concentrate without music... try cutting down bit by bit (like u would with addiction :biggrin:)

hehe...yeah its definitely not good. i'm also really bad at working in lessons, i'm ok in exams but general class work i can't concentrate at all! :frown:
Reply 29
white_solitude
hehe...yeah its definitely not good. i'm also really bad at working in lessons, i'm ok in exams but general class work i can't concentrate at all! :frown:

it is absolutely horrible........ i went through that phase where I couldn't study without music either.... but there's only one way out of it, and that's to retrain your mind to do it without.
Reply 30
bono
read through class notes several times
read through revision guide notes several times
do questions from the revision guide and from any sheets u been given.
do a couple of past papers

get ur A* in exam. simple.

That's not fun! :mad:
Reply 31
Xenon
That's not fun! :mad:

no, on the other hand i think it is very effective
Reply 32
_EMMA_
no, on the other hand i think it is very effective

True! The recipe of success!
Reply 33
revision can only be fun if you truly love the subject- my neighbour is 3rd year medicine + she swears that she enjoys revision cos she is so interested in it...

lou xxx
Reply 34
sing it out loud! J/k :redface:
:cool:
Reply 35
Superstar
sing it out loud! J/k :redface:
:cool:

urghhh... my brother on holiday kepting reading aloud while revising... he does chemistry at uni +it was boring... drove me mad(der)

lou xxx
mmm I cant concentrate in exams at all, anybody got any advice for that? Every time anybody makes any movement, or a different teacher comes into the room, I have to look up and watch and then I lose concentration on the question I am doing. I am constantly looking up at the clock and going off into day dreams. It also happens when I am revising but to a MUCH greater extent...cos there is so much more to distract me at home!!! Anyone got any hints???
Xenon
True! The recipe of success!

to a certain extent, yep. :wink:
onlylittleme
mmm I cant concentrate in exams at all, anybody got any advice for that? Every time anybody makes any movement, or a different teacher comes into the room, I have to look up and watch and then I lose concentration on the question I am doing. I am constantly looking up at the clock and going off into day dreams. It also happens when I am revising but to a MUCH greater extent...cos there is so much more to distract me at home!!! Anyone got any hints???

i did that all last year...we did out exams in the hall and i sat next to the window. the curtains were drawn but i had this tiny little gap next to me, which had this beautiful view of the field and i kept staring out of this 30 cm gap and day dreaming. i think at the end its ur exam, before u go in, i tend to just sit there with my eyes closed and just try and block everything...iy doesn't usually work....but i suppose its better than nothing

Latest

Trending

Trending